Site Update Beta

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Site Update Beta

Post by joefremont » Sun May 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Harvester wrote:Hi Joe.

The new site looks pretty good. Thank you. :)
Please, can you take a look at the flight status buttons?
Which flight status buttons are you referring to?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Harvester
Ticket Agent

Post by Harvester » Sun May 29, 2016 4:50 pm

I miss those amber coloured indication for "in flight".
Attachments
neu-1.jpg
neu-1.jpg (47.15 KiB) Viewed 11623 times
Cheers,
Jörg

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon May 30, 2016 10:37 pm

On the flight report and blackbox pages the column headers seem to be mis-aligned.EG.they are not above the figures.
Stan
Yours Stan

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am

Greetings Joe and others,

I am going to be a negative here I'm afraid and say that I am not a fan of the new look. I can also speak on behalf of another of our Pilots with whom I discussed the subject after suddenly finding ourselves on the new site. Obviously I/we will go with the majority but it is just our thoughts.

One thing I have noticed however is the Actual and Statistical fuel usage when booking flights is no longer available. Something missed or overlooked?

While I am onto fuel issues can I refer to a post that I wrote in another section. We have a regular commercial flight across the country in the 738 from YBBN Brisbane to YPPH Perth. When using FS Passengers and 100% fuel for the same flight in FSX I find that I run out of fuel.
To combat this, FSPax forums tell me that the fuel scalar in the default aircraft is incorrect compared to real world.

Changing the fuel scalar to less usage allows me to make the flight with sufficient reserve to comply with FAA regulations, however it may also raise suspicion of trying to cheat.

To combat this and to keep things honest, are there suggested or accepted settings in FSAirlines to allow for this? Eg fuel scalar for the 738 is X and 747 is Y ?

Thanks in advance guys and keep up the great work.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Tue May 31, 2016 7:37 pm

Nice one Joe.I see you fixed the flight status buttons.
I dont like changes but am old enough to know that i always change my mind once i get used to them.
Stan
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue May 31, 2016 8:24 pm

Skids wrote:Greetings Joe and others,

I am going to be a negative here I'm afraid and say that I am not a fan of the new look. I can also speak on behalf of another of our Pilots with whom I discussed the subject after suddenly finding ourselves on the new site. Obviously I/we will go with the majority but it is just our thoughts.

One thing I have noticed however is the Actual and Statistical fuel usage when booking flights is no longer available. Something missed or overlooked?

While I am onto fuel issues can I refer to a post that I wrote in another section. We have a regular commercial flight across the country in the 738 from YBBN Brisbane to YPPH Perth. When using FS Passengers and 100% fuel for the same flight in FSX I find that I run out of fuel.
To combat this, FSPax forums tell me that the fuel scalar in the default aircraft is incorrect compared to real world.

Changing the fuel scalar to less usage allows me to make the flight with sufficient reserve to comply with FAA regulations, however it may also raise suspicion of trying to cheat.

To combat this and to keep things honest, are there suggested or accepted settings in FSAirlines to allow for this? Eg fuel scalar for the 738 is X and 747 is Y ?

Thanks in advance guys and keep up the great work.
Hi Skids, thanks for your comments. We are certainly open to any suggestions on how to make the site easier to use. As for your two comments:

The fuel usage estimate is still there, the link has just been moved to the options on the right side.
Changing the fuel flow scalar to get more accurate fuel usage is not just allowed, it's encouraged! The fuel usage on many of the default FSX aircraft is not very accurate and the best way to fix it is to adjust the fuel flow scalar.

Bigdog2995
Ticket Agent

Post by Bigdog2995 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:38 am

Love the modern look of the new site.
Will take a bit of getting used to but great work all round.
Would like to see each airlines "Mission" to displayed in full as this is like a header to see if new pilots would like to jion that airline.
Cheers for the update and keep up the great work :D

thomasxd24
Ticket Agent

Post by thomasxd24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Hey Joe its me again but i found a problem :
the type rating list is nice but it doesn't show whether it is a training type ratings or not.
Thank you

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:44 pm

thomasxd24 wrote:Hey Joe its me again but i found a problem :
the type rating list is nice but it doesn't show whether it is a training type ratings or not.
Thank you
Good spot, fixed that, also fixed the aircraft images on that page.

matt9529
Ticket Agent

Post by matt9529 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Is it no longer possible to use beta.fsairlines.net to access the old version?
Tried it and just getting the new version :(

Don't get me wrong it's nice to have a new version but there are certain parts of the site I prefer seeing in the classic version.

Thanks and all the best,
Matthew

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:39 am

Unfortunately things move forward. beta. is usually used for testing the next version of what we are about to deploy, but when we do big updates I will put the old code there as a backup. And with my next update I am doing enough behind the scenes that the old code won't work any more.