Cargo system

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:34 pm

Does the client make changes to the aircraft payload (in the same way it changes fuel quantity) to account for cargo (and passengers!?) or should this be done manually?
I dont think it does but I thought it worth asking. :)
(And if not, then maybe thats something that could be added later)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:09 am

It's on the list, but right now it does not add anything due to the fact that there can be (and sometimes are) 10+ variants of the same aircraft with each having a different setup in the Aircraft.CFG of how it is loaded.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:28 pm

It may be even more difficult as it has to take into consideration not only the many different config files coming wiht the same big number of model for each aircraft type but also modified config files. I am talking about modifying your config file not to cheat (we all know how you can cheat by doing this) but for other purposes like alternative liveries so a positional scan is not an option. In addition someone may have tried to make his config file more realistic adding load points or change their positions in the aircraft as in many original aircrafts they are all located at 0,0,0 position.

It can be a real headache to implement this functionality.

FSPassengers can do this but it first modifies the config file to a standard format. Therefore it can be done but must first ensure that such a Client version is 100% bug free as otherwise could make a pilot's FS a real mess. In any case a backup before using that future Client would be always a good idea.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:49 pm

And backups in general would be a good idea, our database is relatively fragile, we should ensure a backup for it at all times. And yes, I do backup my flight sim folders, because I have everything set perfectly. The downside is that I've 'modded' it so much, it takes a full DVD to backup my aircraft folder.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:36 pm

So, I am not the only one...
CEO
Ionathan Airlines