Aircraft database issue

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Aircraft database issue

Post by Konny » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:31 pm

Hi,

I just made a major mistake. I accidentally deleted all the aircrafts in the aircraft database. Fortunately there are two tables connected to aircrafts. The table with all the data concerning which airline has which aircrafts is not affected, but the table where all the detailed data about every aircraft type is(was) saved is now lost.
Additionally I don't have any backups ( VERY unprofessional, I know :( ) so a lot of data will have to be added manually again. I only managed to save a rudimentary list of all of the aircraft's features. I'll keep you informed when I have news.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Sometimes dung happens, we'll re-do that list of aircraft, even making it better!

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:26 pm

Okay, I managed to restore the most important data. But Cruise Speed, MTOW, DOW and Number of Engines will have to be manually inserted again. The site where you can do this will be online soon.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:39 pm

Konny, big issue, all my planes are at 200%, might want to look into that...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:45 pm

Yepp, that has to do with the missing "number of engines"-value for each aircraft.
There now is a link "Aircraft Types" in the Database where you can edit the aircrafts' data. If everybody helps getting the empty fields filled again, the system will soon be fully operational again.

EDIT: If forget to say that EVERYBODY can edit the data, but if you don't type the proper password your data will have to be verified by a DB Admin first.