Client v1.1.0 BETA

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Client v1.1.0 BETA

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi guys,

The last weeks/months ;-) I've been working on integrating the SimConnect interface into our Client. It should be finished now, but for the last bugs I could need some help testing it. You can get it from the "The Client" page on the main site.
In the options menu you will see a new box "FS Interface" where you can switch between FSUIPC and SimConnect. For the change to take effect you have to restart the client.

There are also some other small bugfixes and improvements in this release, so I hope we can make a stable release of it soon.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

vaccaro
Captain

Re: Client v1.1.0 BETA

Post by vaccaro » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:26 pm

First bug report
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

All I have done is to extract the zip file into a folder (like I have done for the previous client) and click on the executable.

Running Win XP 64 Pro.

Cheers,
Arslan

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:19 am

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that you need to have the FSX with SP2 or Acceleration Pack installed. You can download the Service Packs here: http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/default.aspx

If you're are using the Client on a remote PC it's a bit more complicated:
1. install the SDK on your FSX PC from the FSX DVD
2. goto FSInsider and download the latest SDK update (SP2)
3. install the downloaded SDK
4. goto the SDK installation folder, subfolder Core Utilities Kit, subfolder SimConnect, subfolder Lib
5. in this folder a SimConnect.msi package should be available, copy it to your remote PC and install it

Guess, for stable release we have to give out to versions then, one for FSX and one for FS2002/2004.

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:00 am

Does this mean that this new client released can't be used for FS2004? (Discrimination if yes :cry: Just Kidding)
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 am

Ah OK.
We will carry on with the 1.04 then (FS9 here until a better FS version comes out :p).
Cheers,
Arslan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:11 am

will this client be optional? because i dont run sp2 nor will i! i have, it made my game worse... so will i be able to continue with v1.4?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:10 am

Nobody will be forced to use FSX SP2, this beta is just a test for the SimConnect interface, which does exactly the same as FSUIPC (communicating with the Flight Simulator). For the user there is no noticable difference, but the advantages of SimConnect are:
1. faster, because the Client can directly connect to the FlightSimulator.
2. Works without FSUIPC, you don't have to install anything
3. The development of FSUIPC stops with FSX, so only SimConnect will be supported in future.

I will soon release a v1.1.1 with the same features which will work for FS2002/FS2004 aswell.

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:53 am

So this will give FSX users an option of using 3rd party FSUIPC or FSX's SimConnect? Sounds useful, and can't wait until a stable release.
ImageImage

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Ok, v1.1.1b is out now. You can use it with FSUIPC AND SimConnect now :). Though I'ld like to mainly test the SimConnect interface I don't think it can hurt if others try it with FSUIPC as well. If there's nothing to complain about we can make this version stable then.

I myself sometimes got an error-message when closing the Client in "SimConnect mode". I tried to fix that but I'm not really sure if I did, so some feedback would be nice :).

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 pm

Well, there already have been about 130 flights with v1.1.1b but I haven't heard any feedback. Maybe that means that there are no problems and we can release it as stable, but I'ld really like to hear some opinions first, especially about the SimConnect interface.

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:04 am

I flew a short flight solely on SimConnect today with the new client. Honestly there isn't much feedback to give. Everything is working fine, no errors, no unforseen mistakes, no bugs in the flight. I'll do a couple more flights with SimConnect during this week, but so far so good.

Keep up the good work. Your dedication to the client is greatly appreciated by all of us :D
ImageImage