New Rank Based Features.

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

New Rank Based Features.

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:41 pm

These have been implemented on the new site.

1) Automatically Ground When Pilot Crashes.

There is a flag on the rank titled 'Ground pilot when aircraft crashes'. If this is set then if a pilot of this rank crashes they are 'grounded'. The effect of this is that they can not book any more flights until an officer of the airline with Handle Pilots rank restores them. An officer of the airline can also set a pilot as grounded from there profile page. The effect of grounding does not effect any other ability the pilot could perform, including ungrounding themselves if they have high enough rank.

2) Custom Salary.

You can now set a rank to use either the 'Standard' salary rate (airline default) or a custom rate which will be used instead of the airline pay rate.

3) Restricting Aircraft By Fleet

This is a system designed to give an airline the ability to restrict which aircraft a pilot can can fly by the pilots rank. Type ratings still apply and will restrict which aircraft a pilot can fly further.

For each rank you can now select which fleets the pilots of each rank may not fly. By default a pilot may fly aircraft from any fleet, checking the box next to the fleet name will prevent the pilot from selecting aircraft from that fleet. If a new fleet is created then all ranks will be able to fly aircraft from that fleet until it is removed from each rank.

Please feel free to go to http://www.fsairlines.net and test these new features out.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Re: New Rank Based Features.

Post by Miikoyan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 pm

YEA!!!!!!!!!!

I L**E YOU!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for these features...but may I ask when FlyNET's database will be linked over to FSAirlines?
Also, are these features found in FlyNET?

HLo
Flight Attendant

Post by HLo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:42 am

Yeah very good and useful features thank you for your work! Looks like FSairlines.net is gonna be VERY good! :)

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:33 pm

nice to see some of my ideas working out in a way :)...

petetheniceguy

Post by petetheniceguy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:41 pm

You know we came back to flynet from using our own ACARS system; and to see things like this being implemented into Flynet is really great news. ACARS as much it is amazing is only good for you if you know both PHP and SQL. Knowing only the server side is not enough I have learnt.

NXC-ghost-nl
Ticket Agent

Post by NXC-ghost-nl » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:32 am

omfg i love cant freaking wait

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Hello, hello! After a long absence I am back (the older guys here remember me) and reading through the forum I see it's the right time with all the new features implemented. "Grounding a pilot after a crash"... an old dream coming true for every CEO! So, everyone have a nice time in our virtual skies.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines