E-Mail Verification

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

E-Mail Verification

Post by joefremont » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:57 pm

I made an update to the FSAirlines web site so that when you register you will need to enter an unique e-mail address. After your register or if you update your profile and change your e-mail address a validation code will be sent to the new address that you will have to enter back on the web site to get full functionality. Until the e-mail address is verified you won't be able to join an airline, book a flight or administer the airline you are a member of. The same restrictions will apply to accounts that do not have an e-mail address entered.

I also added a feature where if you have forgotten your username or password you can enter your e-mail address and the site will send to that address your username and a new random password to log in.

Of the 4836 users in the database over 700 of them have e-mail address that are either blank, obviously invalid or duplicate another user in the database. When we move to the new web site we will clear the e-mail address from there account and they will have to update there profile with a new address and have it verified before they can again get full access to the site. All other users will not have to re-verify there addresses.

This is now in place on the FSAirlines.net site, feel free to go and test this to make sure its working correctly.

If you think this is unfair or the wrong way to proceed please explain why before so we can fix it before make the move.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.