Adding airports to the database

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:36 pm

CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Marc Joy

Post by Marc Joy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:13 pm

Yes I found it...

Thanks, I wrote everything as ont the page given yesterday, and no adding for yet. How long usually does the process take ? 1 day, a week ? just to have an idea.

I know this is a unknown area, not much flown into, but as we are based there and we could have something like small hops inland flying as well as long range... much fun to come. We also have nice scenaries for the Island...

Thanks anyway for all your help. I appreciated

Marc

Marc Joy

Big mistake from me

Post by Marc Joy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:02 pm

Well, I finally found the airport I wanted to be added...

But It seemm I forgot to chek the country box...

I wanted the Fascene Airport (FMNN) added in Madagascar... well due to the country box, i found it in Afghanistan...

For correction, does the Flynet staff correct it or sould I add the real new airport ?

Thanks and sorry

Marc

:oops:

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:20 pm

We'll fix it, do not add another one.

Thanks

Charles Dehavilland

Post by Charles Dehavilland » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:06 am

may i ask if the development team could look into the submitions i have placed for airports and corrections. i have started a new airline based upon a canadian company that use's out of the place airports and airfields in the canadian tundra. i have tried to set routes and when checked out they were either not in the data base or way out on the locations.
so far i have submitted over nine corrections and so i await for the updates to take place as i can't fly some of my aircraft until the data has been fixed.
If it may help i could get all info for every loction i would fly to and submit for your help. many thanks for a great flying program.

Charles dehavilland

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:16 am

Those locations were added several days ago.

As with my post in the Adding Aircraft thread, please do not make posts about adding airports to the que. Again, we get e-mail notifications and we will deal with them when we have time. Give 24-48 hours for them to be processed and if it hasn't, then send a private message to one of the 3 DB Admins and we'll look into it.

sturman
Ticket Agent

Please correct the situation

Post by sturman » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:09 pm

There are 3 airports with same name and ICAO code. Sokolovka UHIS. Two has correct coordinates, but the same. And the third has longitude W instead E. Please correct that. It's enough only one airport Sokolovka (UHIS) :)

sturman
Ticket Agent

Re: Please correct the situation

Post by sturman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:01 am

sturman wrote:There are 3 airports with same name and ICAO code. Sokolovka UHIS. Two has correct coordinates, but the same. And the third has longitude W instead E. Please correct that. It's enough only one airport Sokolovka (UHIS) :)
There are 4 airports Sokolovka for today!

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:12 pm

Okay, I found it in Russia. Here's the problem though - I cannot confirm it being open to commerical use. All I find shows it to be a military airbase only. I need proof that this ICAO code is valid (it doesn't show up in *ANY* database I've searched) and it does receive service by civilian aircraft, I am deleting all versions of the airport, especially since there are no flights showing for the airport.

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:35 pm

yes, we do double check airports. We don't want to make the wrong edits, as then we recieve numerous complaints.

If you edit an airport and it's been denied, PM us and we'll tell you why. (wait 48hours before please)
Thanks
Geoff

sturman
Ticket Agent

Post by sturman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:53 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Okay, I found it in Russia. Here's the problem though - I cannot confirm it being open to commerical use. All I find shows it to be a military airbase only. I need proof that this ICAO code is valid (it doesn't show up in *ANY* database I've searched) and it does receive service by civilian aircraft, I am deleting all versions of the airport, especially since there are no flights showing for the airport.
Of course, Sokolovka is military base, but even in Soviet Union it had commercial traffic of regional general aviation (An-2, Yak-40 etc). Now there are little privat and commertial companies, wich performs flights with non regular shedule to this place.

In general, in the FSMS Russia is presented like any snowwy desert with rambling bears :) It's not true, guys.

My neighbour and friend, CEO of VA BOCTOK, added this airfield, and he has not access to this forum. May be he indicated wrong ICAO code. I think it may be UHS2.