On my way through the ToDo-list

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

On my way through the ToDo-list

Post by Konny » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:05 pm

I'm currently working my way through the todo-list, starting with all the small and easy to implement things. I won't start a new topic for all of them so here comes what I have changed/added:

- You can now buy any number of a certain aircraft type at once from the manufacturers list
- On the VA Overview page you'll now see the status of your pilots ( red = booked a flight, orange = enroute, green = hanging around )
- If a pilot booked a flight you now see his boarding pass (the one you saw on the old flight monitor) on his profile
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:59 pm

On your flightplan page you'll now see a "import/export flightplan" link where you can not only export but also import your flightplan from a txt-file. You can choose between deleting the old flightplan and then adding the new one or just adding the new flights.

Each line in the txt-file has to be exactly in this format:

[Flightnumber(FLT1234)], [Dep AP ICAO(EDDM)], [Arr AP ICAO(EDDF)], [DepTime(0030)], [ArrTime(0130)], [A/c ICAO(A320)], [ID of A/c Type(68)], [Simrate(16)], [Price(75)], [Type of Flight(0=scheduled/1=training)], [Route], [Remarks]

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:45 pm

Some more stuff added:

- You can now cancel a private flight
- "Send mail" button added on the va-overview page
- Codeshared routes are no longer shown on the "Offer route"-list
- Codeshared routes are shown with "/[Partner VA Code]" in the flightplan
- On the Partnerships main page there now is a info-button next to each airline
- The traders list is now automatically cleaned up. Each aircraft without owner is deleted after 3 months on the list.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:30 pm

i read on another post here about two maps in the flightplan page, one for domestic flights, and the other for international flight... Will that be added back into the system? the date on the posts i am talking about was back sometime earlier this year... could that be added, and have three, one for domestic, one for international flights, and one for codeshare flights? could the flight also be put under each map? so all the domestic flight would be under the domestic map, etc... The only reason im asking is because, i use 1 hub so on my map its solid red on the whole east coast of the US, i have alot of international flight as well as domestic, and have started a partnership with a fellow VA, so when I want to add a flight, i have to look through my whole list and see if i already have flights going there. Just a thought and it would keep it nice and neat...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:15 am

Konny wrote:On your flightplan page you'll now see a "import/export flightplan" link where you can not only export but also import your flightplan from a txt-file. You can choose between deleting the old flightplan and then adding the new one or just adding the new flights.

Each line in the txt-file has to be exactly in this format:

[Flightnumber(FLT1234)], [Dep AP ICAO(EDDM)], [Arr AP ICAO(EDDF)], [DepTime(0030)], [ArrTime(0130)], [A/c ICAO(A320)], [ID of A/c Type(68)], [Simrate(16)], [Price(75)], [Type of Flight(0=scheduled/1=training)], [Route], [Remarks]
Hi Konny,

Great tool, thanks very much. Some questions :

1. Can you make it so that the fare defaults to standard if you leave the field blank please ?
2. Can you make the the flight scheduled by default if that field is left blank also?
3. Re deleting the old flight plan or adding it. Do you mean it deletes ALL flightplans and then re-writes just the ones you are uploading or does it replace the flightplan with just those flight numbers?
4. Re Q3 above, could you make the default selection 'ADD' to save mistakes? At the moment it defaults to replace.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:14 pm

Quantum wrote: 1. Can you make it so that the fare defaults to standard if you leave the field blank please ?
2. Can you make the the flight scheduled by default if that field is left blank also?
3. Re deleting the old flight plan or adding it. Do you mean it deletes ALL flightplans and then re-writes just the ones you are uploading or does it replace the flightplan with just those flight numbers?
4. Re Q3 above, could you make the default selection 'ADD' to save mistakes? At the moment it defaults to replace.
John
Ok, added point 1, 2 and 4 and changed the "overwrite FP" to "replace FP", think that fits better as it actually deletes every flight in the old FP wich is not part of a codeshare.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:17 pm

Thanks konny :)
ImageImage

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Just added that you can order out of production aircrafts. Just follow the links under "Fleet -> Buy Aircraft ...".
The ordered aircrafts will appear within 5 days on the traders list and will only be visible for you.

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Nice Konny, that will cure a lot of problems with guys ordering aircraft
ImageImage

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:48 pm

You can also assign individual VA-IDs for pilots now. Just go to a pilot's profile and select "Assign VA-ID".

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:17 pm

Thank you Konny

These are all little nitnoids that seem inconsequential but improve the quality of Flynet 1000%

Nice job guys

Leif (who was probably the most vocal critic)
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:17 pm

ok, next one:
I played around a bit with the Flightplan page. The whole flightplan isn't shown from beginning anymore. Before you see anything you have to set which airport/aircraft you want to look up. This was a necessary addition for all the bigger airlines where it took minutes after clicking on "Flightplan" before you could do anything.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:49 am

Another small addition:
When you go to a pilot's profile you'll now see a link "assign typeratings" where you can assign all the typeratings of your aircrafts at once.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 am

Excellent stuff Konny, keep up the good work.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:44 am

looking good...

question though, when u select a a/c type in the flightplan, and if u edit a flight, could it stay in that a/c flightplan instead of taking u back to the main flightplan page after u get done editing that flight. I was trying to go through and edit some flights but stopped after a while becuase i kept on having to go back into that a/c flightplan.... just a thought
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways