On my way through the ToDo-list

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

JamesMc

Post by JamesMc » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Konny wrote:another one by Joe:

- You can now export your flightplan into a kml-file for Google Earth. Pretty neat :-)
Not just pretty neat...absolutely awesome! Thank you so very much :) I'm a google earth fanatic and this just made my day.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:47 pm

ok but does the routes have to have specific or is that just an option?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Just an option for those who want it as real as it gets...
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:52 pm

ok, i was just thinking how would that be possible if someone opperates 25 of that same aircraft, then wat???? ok thanks
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:21 am

um just thought of this, if we select the type of aircraft, then shouldnt only that aircraft come up when selecty specific aircraft with the tail #?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:38 am

As it concerns the addition of a specific aircraft to a flight, I noticed yesterday that doing so, you cannot filter your flightplan based on the aircraft type meaning those flights do not appear under any "generic" aircraft type (e.g. A310). It seems, it adds the registration number at the end.

Something else I noticed was that if you decide, later, to remove the aircraft's registration number from a flight, it changes the aircraft type as well. In my case I did so in a flight I use an A310-304ET Cargo (ICAO code A310). When I removed the registration number from the flight it was set to an A310-304ET (Passengers configuration) which has the same ICAO code (A310). I guess it is set back to the first aircraft using the specific ICAO code, when sorted alphabetically.

Also, a decorative feature, the field for the aircraft is not long enough to host both type and registration number. As a result the line is wrapped, having two lines height for each flight.

Finally, one question. Will a partner VA be able to fly a codeshared flight if I add registration numbers? Of course, it should be, but is it implemented this way?
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:45 pm

flightsimer wrote:um just thought of this, if we select the type of aircraft, then shouldnt only that aircraft come up when selecty specific aircraft with the tail #?
hm, then you would have to change the aircraft type first if you wanted to select a specific aircraft of another type...when I have some spare time I can try something where the registration switch changes according to the aircraft type.
Ionathan wrote:As it concerns the addition of a specific aircraft to a flight, I noticed yesterday that doing so, you cannot filter your flightplan based on the aircraft type meaning those flights do not appear under any "generic" aircraft type (e.g. A310). It seems, it adds the registration number at the end.
Are you sure? When you have a A320/N12356O and assign some flights to that aircraft and then look up all the A320, the flight should be there as well. Just tried it with my simple flightplan and it worked...
Something else I noticed was that if you decide, later, to remove the aircraft's registration number from a flight, it changes the aircraft type as well. In my case I did so in a flight I use an A310-304ET Cargo (ICAO code A310). When I removed the registration number from the flight it was set to an A310-304ET (Passengers configuration) which has the same ICAO code (A310). I guess it is set back to the first aircraft using the specific ICAO code, when sorted alphabetically.
Ok, fixed that bug, there was problem with aircrafts having the same ICAO
Also, a decorative feature, the field for the aircraft is not long enough to host both type and registration number. As a result the line is wrapped, having two lines height for each flight.
Hm, which browser do you use ? Firefox just seems to broaden the table so it goes out of the main window, which also isn't good. I think I will delete the price info again and put it somewhere else, as this is the only value which doesn't really affect the pilot.
Finally, one question. Will a partner VA be able to fly a codeshared flight if I add registration numbers? Of course, it should be, but is it implemented this way?
At the moment they won't be able to fly such a flight, but that is the next thing I will do

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:22 pm

personally, i dont think that would be good to delete it again, it could be also put in with the book flight. i make a route, then make the same route going back to the origional airport. But i charge the same each way, or at least try to. but if it gets deleted from that page then the only way to compare the prices would be to go in to each individual flight.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Independance
Ticket Agent

Post by Independance » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:52 pm

Hello

Any chance to add "all flights" table for particular aircraft, not only last 10?? Would be nice to know how many hours/flights airplane has. In VA Integration pack You can find total hours, flights etc for an airplane. So if it happens it must be logged somewhere...

Best Regards
Tomasz

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:43 am

That's already on the todo-list. I know that how you present the data is very important but we just concentrate more on the functionality of flynet at the moment...

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

New Features Added

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:44 am

Major update to the leasing system where you can enter weekly payment amount, a deposit that is paid upfront, a city that the airport has to be returned to and the client has to pay to repair the aircraft if the repair level is below seller defined limit.

This thread has some more information http://flynet.turksim.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3415.

In addition, the client can terminate a lease at any time and the trader list and leasing lists are separated where private sales are on top and public sales are below.

For public leases the total payments are limited to 1% of the aircrafts value per day, and the system provides a default of rate of 5% of the aircrafts value per week.

Because the lease deposit has changed significanty and since the client is charged the cost of repairs the deposit amount been cleared from all current leases.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Nice stuff Joe and congratulations

Flynet is improving in leaps and bounds -

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: New Features Added

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:29 pm

joefremont wrote:Major update to the leasing system where you can enter weekly payment amount, a deposit that is paid upfront, a city that the airport has to be returned to and the client has to pay to repair the aircraft if the repair level is below seller defined limit.

This thread has some more information http://flynet.turksim.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3415.

In addition, the client can terminate a lease at any time and the trader list and leasing lists are separated where private sales are on top and public sales are below.

For public leases the total payments are limited to 1% of the aircrafts value per day, and the system provides a default of rate of 5% of the aircrafts value per week.

Because the lease deposit has changed significanty and since the client is charged the cost of repairs the deposit amount been cleared from all current leases.
Nice add ons...

but wat happens if we get screwed by currently leasers and when the lease is up the plane is trashed. then we wont have a deposite to A)buy a new one or B) repair it.

hasnt the leasee always paid for the repairs, or are we talking repairs after the lease has end, if we are talking after the lease is ended where if we get it back at 70% and we press repair then they pay for it. if so, shouldnt they also have to pay for a new plane if that is the only thing that could be done with the plane, if it is returned with 0 % or something like that...

also i think i might have an idea that could go along, maybe a feature so that the leaser can stop the lease if the plane goes down below a certain level. say if i set the lease to be stopped if they let the Status go down below 65%, and then also have a system so that the leaser could send them a notice by PM telling them if they dont fix it now, lease will be terminated, and then they still have to pay for either for the repairs, or the cost of a new airplane, and they would still have to pay the full amount of the lease. something to that affect.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:47 pm

We're talking about repairs after the lease end. This way the lessee is always responsible for all repairs to the airplane at the end of the lease instead of just paying the lessor and the lessor having to still make the repairs.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: New Features Added

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:39 pm

flightsimer wrote: but wat happens if we get screwed by currently leasers and when the lease is up the plane is trashed. then we wont have a deposite to A)buy a new one or B) repair it.

hasnt the leasee always paid for the repairs, or are we talking repairs after the lease has end, if we are talking after the lease is ended where if we get it back at 70% and we press repair then they pay for it. if so, shouldnt they also have to pay for a new plane if that is the only thing that could be done with the plane, if it is returned with 0 % or something like that...
The way its implemented now, the leaser has to pay for the repairs before its returned to the owner. If they don't have enough funds to cover the repairs there funds balance will go negative. I think that we might change this in the future so that if the clients available funds plus the deposit is not enough to cover the repairs the deposit is forfeit and the repairs not done. Right now there are not many penalties for having a negative balance and that may be a topic for future enhancements.
flightsimer wrote: also i think i might have an idea that could go along, maybe a feature so that the leaser can stop the lease if the plane goes down below a certain level. say if i set the lease to be stopped if they let the Status go down below 65%, and then also have a system so that the leaser could send them a notice by PM telling them if they dont fix it now, lease will be terminated, and then they still have to pay for either for the repairs, or the cost of a new airplane, and they would still have to pay the full amount of the lease. something to that affect.
I like this idea, something we will consider for the next time we make changes to leases.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.