Website beta-test

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Website beta-test

Post by Konny » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi guys,

I more or less finished my rewrite of the website. I tried to check every site, but there still might be some text missing or sites not working. So, if you wanna help finding these kind of bugs you can find the new site here: http://flynet.turksim.org/index.php5

Optically there hasn't changed much, but there are some new features:
- The login-area is cookie based, so you don't have to re-login after 5 minutes now.
- There's only one file you have to translate if you want the site in a different language
- You can choose between kg and lbs and set the timezone for all the dates shown ( not yet activated )
...and more stuff I already forgot ;)

just check it out
Last edited by Konny on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Looking GOOD! :)
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

ttin1man
Ticket Agent

Post by ttin1man » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:50 pm

I had a glitch in my last flight and wanted to cancel but could not with the beta. Had to go to original to cancel flight. Not sure what the cause but something to check. Otherwise I like it so far.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:01 pm

ok, I fixed that. Also changed the layout of the flight monitor, you'll find small va-logo (100x22) there next to the flightnumber . You can upload it like the big one when you go to "VA Overview" -> "Edit VA".

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am

Hmmm, I might be going blind or getting old but why I cannot see a Database link before I logon?
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:21 pm

There is none. That was one of the things I didn't like in the old layout, you always had to switch between db and login-area, which often didn't really work. So the database is now included in the login-area. Some of the only db-related stuff can be found under the "Database" header and everything is already included in the "Pilots" and "Virtual Airline" links as you can now switch between pilots and vas.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:13 pm

Yes, I noticed that and I agree that the database should always be available from a logged on status. However, I think it would be better if an unregistered person could have a look in the existing airlines. It could attract some more people. Maybe I am wrong.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:44 pm

that's right, for that purpose I will create a guest account, so you can log in and have a look around before joining.

ttin1man
Ticket Agent

Post by ttin1man » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:13 pm

On the overview page when I click on the info button for my pilot I get this error.
error 404 requested site doesn't exist

L8r G8r

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:19 pm

thanks, fixed that.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:14 am

ok maybe im missing something here... when i log in i cant see any statistics unless i go into an airport then i get a whole different selection in the blue box... I would like to see that changed so i can look at statistics of the VA's, without having to go an airport's page then select it. Im so glad that the having to log in every five minutes is gone!!! that was getting on my nerves after being here for 4 days... :lol:

also im having trouble with the client... i don’t know if anyone else is having this problem... but when i start the flight, it will work. Ill fly the flight, and it will log it. BUT i do quick turn around... IF I don’t COMPLETELY restart the client after i get done flying the flight before i start the next one it wont log the next flight. ill complete the next flight, ill hear the seat bell sign go off, but when i go to see what i made in the client it shows nothing!!! :cry: when i would look on the site, It would say i was still at the previous airport that i just arrived from. This happened to me many times before i was able to figure out that it was the client. Any Ideas? it doesn’t happen if i close the client and restart it but if i don’t, like i said before it wont log it.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:03 am

The restart is a known issue and there are several threads on the forum about this, including information in the FlyNET Tutorial & QuickStart guides that have recently been updated and re-published on this.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Konny

Just a small problem - when I try to use the new login - it gives me a "unknown user/wrong password" message

I can login fine on the old one

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 pm

is the old site gonna be taken off line so it will strictly be the new one?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:55 pm

@Island Bum: That shouldn't be a problem but are there any special characters in your username/password? Maybe you don't allow cookies in general and have to allow flynet.turksim.org to set cookies ?

@flightsimer: Yes the old site will be taken down. There's just a few things on the server which have to be changed first and I'll have to coordinate that with Fatih, who's very busy at the moment.