Let's get the party started!

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:02 pm

Well, in July we had 40GB Traffic which was the highest we ever had. The two months before we had 30GB and at the beginning of this year it was at 20GB. So you can see how fast the traffic grows. If we plan to run the system for some more years, and I think we do ;-), I would go for at least 100GB Traffic ( or maybe even more ).

But there's something else which came into my mind. When there was a lot of activity on FlyNET we had a problem with the number of database connections. Remember that internal error 500 which popped up all the time ? I think we need something where we have more control on the server configuration.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

oge978
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Let's get the party started!

Post by oge978 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:41 pm

avalonceo wrote:
I think its really big of you to offer your services like this. I for one would like to thank you for offering both your server and your php skills. I would also volunteer my services if I had a server an/or the skills, but alas, I do not. The best I can do Is on behalf of myself and Avalon Airways, thank you for offering yourself to Flynet like this. I look forward to seeing what the future brings!

Best wishes and thank you again!
:oops:

I use and love FlyNet which is FREE , so as a return I offer what I have ... I think it is a good deal and fair ;)

At past I worked for "us" with my php skills ( which are not great though ) to build up the "VA Integration" , after the system comes back I will start to work again to enhance it ...

Thanks for your nice post and thoughts sir , safe flights to all Avalon Airways pilots .

-------------------------

Konny ,

I know the 500 Error and understand the situation , I can offer 60GB/Month traffic (for MySQL and Web) maximum at this moment :(

BTW If you wish to test my servers I can open an account for you and we can do a live mysql db test .

Best wishes

carthorse
Ticket Agent

Post by carthorse » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:10 am

Have you considered using MS SQL 2005? You could take advantage of connection pooling. It is much much more robust than mySQL.

I have been a fulltime MS SQL developer for the last 6 years. Maybe i could help?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:57 am

Hm, I'ld like stay with MySQL. It's what all the providers support, it's very easy to use in combination with php and I don't think that for such a product it makes a difference if we use a more robust system.

Our current provider just told me that I can have 12 simultanous db connections. I'm really impressed that the problems didn't start earlier with only 12, but that's what we have to pay attention to when we look for a new provider aswell.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Hi Konny,

Good to see you back, hope your vacation has left you refreshed enough to handle this situation.

As for places to host the site I would stay away from the free hosting sites, in my experience with them is they are not the most stable or reliable and tend to go away when you lest expect it. I would look at one of the big hosting sites, like godaddy.com. They offer a 250gb/month linux plan with php and mysql for 4$USD per month.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:51 pm

Konny

I think that what you are proposing is great - With Fatihs help I believe you should be able to get Flynet up and running
again in no time - If it is a question of donation - I think that there are other CEOs who would agree with me that we can
chip something in to aid the cause. joe , Fatih , the rest of you guys - glad to see you all back so soon. Ventures crews
are sitting eager to fly again.

Keep us all posted and hopefully we wont have to sit on our hands much longer

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Marc Joy

Post by Marc Joy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:03 am

Well guys all this talk is chinese to me....
So to add a very serious thanks to all effort and energy put to make it happen
THANKS THANKS THANKS

Sorry I can't help in any way... :cry:

Marc

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:56 am

As Marc said I must admit that I didn't understand anything (expression is similar but us Turks call "this is FRENCH to me") :)
All I can do is to thank everyone who is involved and if I can, a contribution in terms of money.
Cheers,

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:55 pm

ok guys, I decided to accept the offer of Fatih "Oge" Koz and thanks to his fast response and nice support we have a new server now, yay :-).

As you might have noticed I already moved the forum ( lost some the postings of the last few hours, but that shouldn't be so important ;-) ). Next thing I gotta do trying to get the website back up and running. Wish me luck... ;-)

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:16 pm

Good luck my friend! Good to see it getting "fixed up" again! Thanks for doing this!

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Good luck Konny

By the way i've fixed the header for you to the new address. :wink:

Thats a job off your mind
Thanks
Geoff

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:39 pm

Great Stuff Konny - And many many thanks to Fatih

My guys are chomping at the bit to get started flying again

Thank you

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Venture Hawaii PLC

IslandBum
Captain

Post by IslandBum » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:03 am

GREAT - I see the DB has made the transfer ok

One question for Fatih - how do we turn his link over - We are still showing Error 404 at VHAVAs website as far as stats etc are concerned
can you post the links for the VA Intergrations please so we can get everythign up and running at home???

Cheers and its great to be back

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Venture Hawaii PLC

oge978
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by oge978 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi friends ,

I'm proud to help to the community here ... I think FlyNET will grov up faster on our new server without errors ;)

( Not now but we can consider the PayPal Donation option later if the capacity of our servers will not meet FlyNET's demand to build up new things , but as I said not now 'cause I can afford the bill now without any extras )

-------------------

For the integration

Just change the links and it will be fine ( not now but sooner )

Old Links : http://flynet.en-studios.de/remote/flyn ... hp?rvi=885

New Links : http://flynet.turksim.org/remote/flynet ... hp?rvi=885

As seen above only domain name will changed , others are same ...

In a short time I will add some "Flash Based" graphs to the integration pages which will look better and finish up the VA Admin panel when I find some more free time .

For now ;

Safe waitings

After the client update ;

Happy and safe flights

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Fatih / Konny -

We need to have some sort of a redirect from the old URL. Right now we don't and only by going to the root directory was I able to find the new link. If you go to flynet.en-studios.de, it goes to a 404.