Pilot - Ratings

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Pilot - Ratings

Post by Konny » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:47 pm

I have just added the Pilot-Ratings system. From now on your skills as a pilot will be rated by some extra criteria.

The following criteria are included:
-5% if the Landing Lights are off below 1000ft AGL
-5% if the Landing Lights are on above FL100 ( 1000ft tolerance )
-5% if taxi speed exceeds 25kts ( 5kts tolerance )
-5% if speed exceeds 250kts below FL100 ( 10kts tolerance )
-50% if you crash the aircraft ( no tolerance here ;-) )

You will get 100% for a perfect flight.

With the help of this Flight-Rating the Pilot-Rating is calculated as follows:

Points = Average Flight-Rating x Number of Flights

< 10 points : Second Flight Officer
< 25 points : First Flight Officer
< 50 points : Captain
< 100 points : Flight Captain
< 500 points : Senior Captain
> 500 points : Senior Flight Captain

e.g.:
Avg Flight-Rating = 88%, Number of Flights = 27

points = 88% x 27 = 23.76 => Pilot-Rating = First Flight Officer

The Flight-Rating is included in the Client v0.2b. Get it in the FlyNET-Client thread.
Last edited by Konny on Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:39 am

Can you change the speed blw 10000 to IAS from TAS? I have to climb at 220 kts indicated to make sure Im not going over 250 in True Airspeed, just a little thing.

As well, for the landing lights, is it above below 1000 ft or 10,000ft (FL100)?

Another issue that I've had, is a rollout on a runway. I land at Calgary International a lot (CYYC) and where the Terminal is usually means a long taxi. To get around this, I usually land, reverse thrust and brake to about 60 knts, than just coast down the runway until Im near the terminal and brake down to 20 kts (for a high speed exit, 10 kts for 90 degree exits) The FLYNet program always tells me I taxied above 25 (which I made sure I did not, except for the roll out on the runway) How does the program calculate taxiing, ie differentiating it from being on the runway? Just curious, because a highspeed roll out is fuel effiecient and it saves time as well, I can brake earlier but if that change could be made, I might have more Perfect flights, instead of this spate of 95%s Ive had going...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:54 pm

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me that I wanted to change the 250 limit from TAS to IAS, I nearly forgot that :-)

As for the the landings lights, they have do be on below 1000ft AGL and off above FL100. Need to change the text in my first posting.

And the taxi-status is something I myself don't really know how to check it ;-). I think there are programs which can do that very exactly because they look if the ground below the aircraft is declared as runway or taxiway, but I don't yet know how to do that. And because of that FlyNET just starts a counter on touchdown and after 30 seconds the aircraft is in taxi-state.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:33 pm

Konny wrote:Oh yes, thanks for reminding me that I wanted to change the 250 limit from TAS to IAS, I nearly forgot that :-)

As for the the landings lights, they have do be on below 1000ft AGL and off above FL100. Need to change the text in my first posting.

And the taxi-status is something I myself don't really know how to check it ;-). I think there are programs which can do that very exactly because they look if the ground below the aircraft is declared as runway or taxiway, but I don't yet know how to do that. And because of that FlyNET just starts a counter on touchdown and after 30 seconds the aircraft is in taxi-state.
Ok, well, that's really what I wanted to know, just how it claculates if the aircraft is in a taxi or not.

Maybe extend the timer to 45 or a minute as a stopgap measure?

It's really amazing the amount of work you do, and how fast the changes appear in FLYnet!

Adios!