Adding aircrafts to the database

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Adding aircrafts to the database

Post by Konny » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:12 pm

Well, as you surely have noticed, there are currently very few aircrafts in our database. I will add some from time to time. But if you want to help us, you can do that very easily.

http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... status2=db
Here is a script where you can type all the needed data. You will also find links to websites, where you can find some info, there.
Last edited by Konny on Wed May 10, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kstein

Adding New Aircraft

Post by kstein » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:02 am

So are you saying we can't add like a F-16 because it can't carry at least 15 passengers?

Why is it limited to at least 15 passengers?

info@virtualcia.org

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:54 am

Well, you could add a F-16, but our system was made to simulate airlines, which concetrate on passenger transportation. The point is, that we don't have any VIPs here who would buy a more expensive ticket for their private Business-Jet flight, or an institution which pays for military operations. And so you would always have to pay extra for these flights, where you have less than 15 passengers. If you are aware of that and still want to fly a F-16, ok let's get it added, but I would suggest to do these "special operations" without our FlyNET Client, fuel is very expensive these days ;-)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:56 pm

DUH, I never thought of it that way, haha. Ok, understand, you can't make any return money on a F-16 flight. But the military isn't out to make money on their flights anyway.

Maybe a VA could split operations, some transport flights, to make money, and others could be "special operations" flights just to blow some money :).

I'm willing to add a ton of aircraft to the database, no matter what they are.

Great system you have here.

http://www.virtualcia.org

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:07 pm

Hm, I'm not quite sure if the VAs should actually set up the flightplan for "special operations" because as you said, they can't return any money from these flights and I don't think an airline would do that ;-) But thanks for the idea, I will think about it. We could also add a system for cargo flights while implementing "special operations".

But maybe we should start with giving the pilots a possibility to charter or buy aircrafts on their own, so they can do something with their earned money :-)

And please feel free to add any aircrafts you have the necessary info to. Maybe we should give the General Aviation a try, though I would prefer the bigger ones. Anyway, thanks in advance :-)

KnottsRocks

Post by KnottsRocks » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:36 am

Hi i am new here and i love this program and i was just thinking and i am going to add a bunch of aircraft to this most of the in production airbus and boeing and some embraers and crj's :D

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:18 am

Great, thanks a lot :-)

recce

Post by recce » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:54 am

I've noticed that there are bracketed numbers beside each of the entries. What are these for? Example: Number of engines (2,3)

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:15 pm

These numbers refer to the hint at the bottom of the page. Mostly some info where to get the data.

recce

Post by recce » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:00 pm

when it says aircraft will be verified does that mean you have to check it for correctness/completeness?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:24 pm

Exactly :-)

nema_flyboy

Post by nema_flyboy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:25 pm

Konny wrote:...our system was made to simulate airlines, which concetrate on passenger transportation. The point is, that we don't have any VIPs here who would buy a more expensive ticket for their private Business-Jet flight, or an institution which pays for military operations. And so you would always have to pay extra for these flights, where you have less than 15 passengers.
Konny, what about air charter companies who ferry coporate passengers in groups of 4 or 5 over short distances (<1500 miles) between regional and smaller, less busy airports/strips, very similar to an 'Air Taxi' if you want to think of it that way.

These charter companies are very profitible, and usually charge on a seat-by-seat basis, reducing the cost per passengers as more seats are filled... is there anyway to model this(if not already) with the FlyNET client?

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:18 pm

yeah DB admins check over the details, correct if nessesary and then allow it to be submitted
Thanks
Geoff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:56 am

nema_flyboy wrote:
Konny wrote:...our system was made to simulate airlines, which concetrate on passenger transportation. The point is, that we don't have any VIPs here who would buy a more expensive ticket for their private Business-Jet flight, or an institution which pays for military operations. And so you would always have to pay extra for these flights, where you have less than 15 passengers.
Konny, what about air charter companies who ferry coporate passengers in groups of 4 or 5 over short distances (<1500 miles) between regional and smaller, less busy airports/strips, very similar to an 'Air Taxi' if you want to think of it that way.

These charter companies are very profitible, and usually charge on a seat-by-seat basis, reducing the cost per passengers as more seats are filled... is there anyway to model this(if not already) with the FlyNET client?
Well you can try to do it. In real life these passengers would pay more compared to the people who fly on larger airplanes. This aspect isn't included in FlyNET ( maybe it will be sometime ) but anyhow I think it shouldn't be to hard with the current system.

MMattyK
Captain

777 aircraft information...

Post by MMattyK » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:24 pm

I've done a little investigation regarding the 777 series of aircraft on the Boeing website, and a discrepency in the flynet data for them is regarding the cargo allocated for each of the types... I have the information (from the Boeing website) regarding the cargo space available but I don't know haw to convert it to Kg's. The 777-200 has the capacity to carry 34 LD3's(?) and an extra 600cuft for bulk cargo, but loses 6 LD3's to accomadate extra fuel tanks in the LR version, but in the flynet DB they all have the same cargo capacity in kg's, and all have more cargo carrying capacity than the -300's which has the storage of 44 LD3's with the 600 cuft bulk storeage. Am I being too picky in wanting to see the cargo configs out right for the different types? It could make a difference to the selection of aircraft types operated within the community. :?