Freighter Information Revised

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Freighter Information Revised

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:07 pm

I have acquired a copy of the 2003 Freighter's Reference Guide produced by Boeing. It lists in detail the capabilities of most of the publically available cargo aircraft in use around the world. Between that and the values list at http://www.freightersonline.com, I have been able to update all of the freighter information on FlyNET. Please take a look at the Aircraft Types database for further information. The prices are significantly lower on several aircraft I know, but remember that these aircraft are out of production, so these prices reflect the "market value" of the aircraft used, which is the more appropriate price to use. I have also adjusted the price of several passenger aircraft that I have used prices on so I'm trying to be as fair as possible by listing the price as you'd really get them for and not what they cost when they were ordered from the manufacturer 20+ years ago.

Jock

Post by Jock » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:37 am

I see that both the Beechcraft 1900D and the 1900C are now defined as passenger aircraft. Would it be possible to change the 1900C to the official cargo or freighter version?

Cargo
Max Ramp...................................................…....................................... 16,710 lb. (7,578 kg.)
Max Takeoff .....................................….................................................. 16,600 lb. (7,528 kg.)
Max Landing..........................…............................................................ 16,100 lb. (7,301 kg.)
Max Zero Fuel.............…....................................................................... 15,000 lb. (6,803 kg.)
Basic Operating* ...........…................................................................… 8,919 lb. (4,053 kg.)
Max Payload...............................................................................……… 4,881 lb. (2,219 kg.)
Useful Load ...............................................................................……… 7,791 lb. (3,541 kg.)
Max Fuel Capacity ....................................................................………. 4,469 lb. (2,027 kg.)
(6.7 lb./US gal.)....................................................................…………… 667 US gal.
Fuel w/max payload.................................................................………… 2,910 lb. (1,322 kg.)

Freighter (Raytheon Kit 114-0002-1)
Max Ramp...................................................…....................................... 17,710 lb. (8,032 kg.)
Max Takeoff .....................................…................................................. 17,600 lb. (7,982 kg.)
Max Landing..........................…........................................................…. 16,720 lb. (7,583 kg.)
Max Zero Fuel.............….........….......................................................... 15,000 lb. (6,803 kg.)
Basic Operating* ..................…............................................................. 9,319 lb. (4,603 kg.)
Max Payload................………......................…...................................... 5,881 lb. (2,667 kg.)
Useful Load ...............................................................................………. 8,591 lb. (3,896 kg.)
Max Fuel Capacity ....................................................................………. 4,469 lb. (2,027 kg.)
(6.7 lb./US gal.)....................................................................…………… 667 US gal.
Fuel w/max payload.................................................................………… 2,710 lb. (1,229 kg.)

*) Includes typical options and two crew at 200lb each
*) B1900C is certified for single pilot operation

Cruise Performance
High Speed Cruise
Speed .............................................................................................. 262 kt/302 mph (487 km/hr)
Fuel Flow.......................................................................................... 732 lb./hr. (332 kg./hr)
Altitude ............................................................................................. FL 200
Long Range Cruise
Speed .............................................................................................. 231 kt/266 mph (427 km/hr)
Fuel Flow.................................................................................... ..... 540 lb./hr. (245 kg./hr)
Altitude .................................................................................…....... FL 250
(source: PMDG manual 19000C)

Cheers,

Jock

Drako

Post by Drako » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:17 am

From the users in Australasia (Australia and New Zealand) which in the main is a comapny called Vincent Aviation http://www.vincentaviation.co.nz/ they use the 1900c for Passenger and Freight.

Quoted from the website
The Beech 1900C, for example, is readily reconfigured to be a partial or full freight-carrying aircraft.
Of the pictures I have seen of the fleet of 1900c they own all of them are Passenger aircraft able to convert as stated above.

I dont know if there is a official cargo or freighter version? Other than what PMDG leads us to believe? After talking to a Real Beech 1900D pilot he has pointed out some inaccuracys of the PMDG data. Could be argued either way I guess ?

Jock

Post by Jock » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:22 pm

I've had a look at the specifications as given by Raytheon, the company that now delivers the B1900D and 1900C.

These are the specs they provide (in a nutshell, full spec are available on there website) for the 1900C:
http://airliner.raytheonaircraft.com/ra ... _cargo.pdf

Number Produced: 248
Capacity: 2 Crew + 19 Passengers
Or Cargo: 5,775 Lb / 2,619 Kg
Engines: 2 x P&W PT6
Max Altitude: 25,000 Ft / 7,620 Meters
Max Speed: 268Kt / 308MPH / 496 Km/Hr
Max Range: 1,338 NM / 1,539 Miles / 2,478 Km
Primary Applications:
Cargo
Airliner
Charter

The 1900C Cargo cabin can be partitioned into seven individual bays, allowing the operator to tailor cargo loading to the mission. Its flat floor and “squared oval” cross section maximizes available cargo volume and facilitates loading.

With over 600 cubic feet of cargo volume and well over 5000lb payload, the 1900C is the product of choice for feeder freight operations. Image
The official website:
http://airliner.raytheonaircraft.com/raas/Default.asp

And some photos of a brand new cargo version.

Cheers,

Jock

PS: Cpt., please correct me if this is not the correct place in the forum for this thread.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:05 pm

It's not specifically the correct place, but I'll allow it to stay.

Here's the clarification - The B1900C and B1900D are available (and exist) in both a passenger and cargo model. If you want a Cargo version of either, you need to submit the data and label it as something like - "B1900C Cargo" for the aircraft designation. It will be approved in time like all others.