New client

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ionathan
Captain

New client

Post by Ionathan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:41 am

With the new client the "World" menu is disabled. I understand this is because someone could be transfered to an airport but the very useful utility of "Map" is also disabled this way. As a result someone who does not want to pay for FSNav cannot know where he is. This is a serious defect.

In addition, what about the weather. Let's say that I start my flight with a complicated full snowing system but later I realise that such weather reduces significantly my framerate in combination with the traffic or the scenery. What can I do? Someone might say that changing the weather is not realistic but who is here for a 110% realism and not for fun? Is time compression realistic? No, but we want it as well.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:34 am

I have noticed that with the new client (v 0.3.13b), my framerates dropped considerably, from smooth to sometimes not so smooth...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:38 pm

@Ionathan
The "map" is a good argument for the "World" menu. I see the point that there are some pilots who need it, though a "real" professional finds his way without a map :D
But I think that you should know which weather settings your FS can handle and which not, so you set your weather before the flight and usually don't have to change anything there.
Anyway, I'll enable the menu in the next release and check for drastic position changes myself. Shouldn't be too hard ;-)

@BigQ
Is it only 0.3.13b where your framerate drops, or also 0.3.12b ? And are the fps constantly lower or is there a cut about every 10 seconds ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer