August website Updates

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

August website Updates

Post by joefremont » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:11 am

I have updated the website with some new features.

You can now log in with your email as well as your username. Internally much of the security system has been updated including the way passwords are stored to make them more secure.

Password reset is also updated, instead of a new password being set you are sent an update link via email that will allow you to update it.

You can now control which days of the week your routes can be used. New VA setting '"Observe day of week for routes", if set to true you can only book a route if the route has that day of the week set. It uses UTC time to determine which day of the week it is.

You can also add a custom message to be sent when a pilot earns automatic promotion through the rank system, you can set the text in the rank settings page for the pilots current rank.

In the V1 XML VA interface, the functions that required you to send a hashed password for the pilot have all been disabled as they won't work with the new password system. But they should all work in the V2 interface.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

YoloWingPixie
Ticket Agent

Re: August website Updates

Post by YoloWingPixie » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:37 am

Fantastic update! Thank you for the work you put in to the platform

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:30 am

Gotta change my user name after being here almost 10 years or system won't let me in. wow.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:28 am

Cat wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:30 am
Gotta change my user name after being here almost 10 years or system won't let me in. wow.
I Sam, Good to see you back, we have greatly missed you and your wisdom.

I looked at your old username, it looked fine. It was probably your password it did not like but I don't know what that was.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:53 pm

Been a long summer dealing with mom (Alzheimer's) - having to finally get her into Assisted Living. Father Time is kind to no one.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:21 am

Cat wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:53 pm
Been a long summer dealing with mom (Alzheimer's) - having to finally get her into Assisted Living. Father Time is kind to no one.
Sorry to hear that Sam, I know how difficult that can be. I have an aunt who has Alzheimer’s and it’s quite sad. I hope for the best for you and your Mom.