Multiplier Logic Update

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Multiplier Logic Update

Post by joefremont » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:15 am

I just made a small update to the way the system calculates maximum revenue multiplier for flights.

Currently the way the system works is it adds up all of an airlines assets. The max multiplier starts at 1000x and for each 500M in assets it reduces the multiplier by about 1/3.

This change started because in one specific VA, the CEO wanted to buy a personal aircraft so 'tipped' himself enough cash to by the 36M v$ aircraft, it ended up costing his VA about 4B in total, but he got his AC and was happy. Well the value of his VA dropped from about 5B to less than 1B and was surprised that multiplier on his next flight jumped from 75x on his flight to 700x and for what ever reason, the CEO was upset that the multiplier went up. So I reset his flight to a lower multiplier.

But the big changes is (at there prompting) I changed the function that calculates the airlines assets, so that it will add back into the value of the airline, the value of all the tips that have been paid out. Their multiplier is back down to where it was and they are happy.

Hopefully I have not annoyed too many other VA's by doing this.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.