Spring Updates 2023

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Spring Updates 2023

Post by joefremont » Mon May 01, 2023 7:49 pm

Hi Flyers.

There are a few updates I have been working on that I hope to push live next week, but are now on the beta site for testing.

The biggest of these is a new seat management system. With this system you will when you change a seat configuration for an aircraft that adds or removes seats you will have to either buy or sell the seats in question, if you have a warehouse/maintenance center at the airport you can store extra seats in those when removing and pull them out when adding. There will be a time delay and cost for the installation of the seats, more info here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10156

Second there will be a new system for releasing package based on the idea that if you have moved a package closer to its destination, you can pay someone else to take it the remainder. The basic idea is that when someone wants something shipped they can go to the shipping agent at the local airport and pay some amount to send it, the agent then takes 25% and puts it on the shelf for the next aircraft going that way. You as an airline can do the same thing, pay the local agent to send it the final destination. More info here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9577&p=46056

Finally I am quite concerned about the number of AN-225's as the scoop up all the packages, so I am making a change that aircraft that can carry 100,000 kg packages (AN-225, AN-124 and C-5) will only be able to carry 20,000kg and 100,000kg packages (generic cargo will continue to work as before)
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Spring Updates 2023

Post by joefremont » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:08 pm

As part of the Seat Configuration changes I have just rolled out on the https://beta.fsairlines.net some new pages for editing seat configurations for the airline. There is a new "Seat Configurations" link of of both the VA overview and fleet pages. From that you will see a list of all the custom configurations that you have created for your VA. You can edit, create and delete configurations from here, although you will still have to go to the aircraft info page to assign them. If a configuration is assigned to an aircraft you can only edit the name, but if its not assigned you can edit all the values and you can delete them.

In addition you can create a configuration for aircraft your VA does not own yet, this is so you can create a seat configuration for aircraft you are about to buy and have it configured that way out of the factory rather than having to update it after.

One change I am going to try to enforce is that for each aircraft type within a VA, the name should be unique. So you can only have one "Default Configuration" for each aircraft type. When this goes live on production I will run a batch job that makes all of them unique, probably adding an number of some type to the end of the current name, so if you have three 'Default' you will end up with 'Default 1', 'Default 2', 'Default 3' in the order they were created.

Its summer and I said I would get these updates done in spring, so I am trying to get it done.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:24 pm

Seat conversions is looking good so far. I just updated the aircraft conversion page so that you can select a seat configuration when you convert an aircraft and you are charged appropriately. When converting passenger aircraft to cargo selling the seats will often make the cost less expensive.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:27 pm

As part of the seat configuration changes to aircraft with foldable seats, I reset all aircraft that have those seat types to use the default seat configuration, disabled seat configuration editing and deleted all the custom seat configurations for those aircraft types. You just wont need them any more.

I also reset all the cargo amounts for those aircraft so the cargo capacity will be at least 80 kg for each seat on the aircraft, as long as the total does not exceed MZFW.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:25 pm

Couple other small updates have been pushed out.

- On the Flight Plan page. Where you search for routes, you can now select if you want to search for flights arriving or flights departing from a given airport.

- Off the aircraft type information page, there is now a link where you can compare the data we have for that aircraft against any other we have in our database.

The response to the latest updates have been very quiet, did anybody out there notice?

Zissiz Zekapten
Ticket Agent

Post by Zissiz Zekapten » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:38 pm

Didn't tried yet. I'll make a feedback asap.

Robert Neumaier
Ticket Agent

Post by Robert Neumaier » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:53 am

Hi Joe,
i like to say some words about the NEW cargo loading system.
example:
My AN225 was located at LTBA and there were lots of packages available bound for EDDK and bound for EDDL. That is cool, cause EDDK to EDDL is just 29nm.
So i loaded 5 x 44.000lbs bound for EDDK, and loaded 5 x 44.000lbs bound for EDDL. That made 440.000lbs loaded. BUT the AN225 can carry 551.000lbs. And the fact is, that there still were lots and lots of 4.400lbs packages available at LTBA bound for EDDK and bound for EDDL.

BUT I COULD NOT LOAD THEM AT ALL. !!!

Did i do anything wrong ? I had to fly that flight from LTBA to EDDL with just 440.000lbs on board ! NOT FULLY LOADED !

I think, that this is not fair, one should be able to load any packages until the cargospace is filled !

best greetings
Robert

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:18 am

Robert, I don't think you are doing anything wrong but too many 225's are being used on the platform in a way they were not intended, as general cargo haulers, which they are not. They are intended for use to carry special cargo and in our world that's the 20k and 100k packages. The additional package release system was going to make it worse. This is my attempt to restore some order back into the system. I have updated the package generator to double the number of 20k packages so that should make things easier.
An 80% load is a pretty impressive haul.

Harvester
Ticket Agent

Post by Harvester » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:42 am

Hi Joe.

The DOWs on my jets are wrong.
The MD11ER e.g. has a DOW of 132,049 kg with the standard seat configuration, according to the Aircraft Type Information page.
In my configuration, however, it should weigh about 131,000 kg if my information about the weights of the seats is correct (E: 20, B: 40, F: 80 kg). Has now 123,289 kg.
It looks like the default seat configuration weight has been removed but the custom seat configuration weight has not been added.
Cheers,
Jörg

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:36 pm

Harvester wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:42 am
Hi Joe.

The DOWs on my jets are wrong.
The MD11ER e.g. has a DOW of 132,049 kg with the standard seat configuration, according to the Aircraft Type Information page.
In my configuration, however, it should weigh about 131,000 kg if my information about the weights of the seats is correct (E: 20, B: 40, F: 80 kg). Has now 123,289 kg.
It looks like the default seat configuration weight has been removed but the custom seat configuration weight has not been added.
Good spot, in trying to fix the Concorde seat replacement problem I broke the calculations for other aircraft. Removing double the base seat weight before adding back in the current seats. This is the way it should calculate it for your MD-11ER.

Dry weight from DB 132,049 kg
Original Seats -8,200 kg (-410 x 20 kg)
Economy +4,200 kg (210 x 20 kg)
Business +2,160 kg (54 x 40 kg)
First +1,280 kg (16 x 80 kg)
Final Dry Weight 131,489 kg

Fixed and updated.

Harvester
Ticket Agent

Post by Harvester » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:47 pm

joefremont wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:36 pm
Fixed and updated.
Great. Thank you. :)
Cheers,
Jörg

haal
Ticket Agent

Post by haal » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 pm

Dear members of the fsairlines community, pilots. It took me almost three months to give my opinion since I did not have access to the Forum and yesterday it was possible.
I begin by writing the following: 'Air transport is the service of moving passengers or cargo from one place to another, using aircraft. The volume of merchandise transported by this means increases year after year. Advances in air navigation, telecommunications and electronic facilities have allowed aviation to progress amazingly. However, it is limited by the need for expensive infrastructure and a higher economic cost than the rest of the means of transport. Additionally, aeronautical technology advances without stopping to such an extent that today more and more efficient engines are being used. A cargo aircraft, or transport aircraft, is a fixed-wing aircraft designed or converted to transport goods, rather than passengers. They are devoid of passenger facilities, and generally offer larger doors for loading and unloading cargo. These types of aircraft may be operated by cargo airlines, by private individuals or by the armed forces.'
Having said this, I request my valued administrators of Fsairlines. That, Reconsider the Rules and Measures (Spring Updates 2023) and they are reverted to how they were before independently, and, that the amount is transported and the aircraft return to use their original cargo capacities at the appropriate cost provided in the system, for For example, the A225 aircraft. It is frustrating, being in an airport that has enough loads and at a certain cost, and you cannot board the plane, due to FSANET system restrictions or useless rules; They do not allow the growth of any airline and compete in the air transport market.
With love as always...

Sincerely.

Cap. Hebert Africano
CEO Viasa Virtual Airlines.
Cap.Hebert Augusto Africano Linares
CEO Viasa Virtual Airlines