MSFS Airport codes.

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

MSFS Airport codes.

Post by joefremont » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:35 pm

I just posted this as news on the site.
We have noticed that in the latest release of MSFS a number of airports have changed there ICAO codes since the early release when we pulled the codes. I hope early next year that we we will be able to rebuild the database using values from SU7 but it will take some time. Until then be sure to check the location on our airport information page before your flight. Even if the embedded map is not working there is a link to google maps so you can confirm the location. If you fly and it turns out the airport codes don't match we will delete the flight for you but we will not be able to do more than that.
As the next major project, after I get the updated client I am working on out, is to rebuild the airport database again. Start with the data from MSFS SU7 and then add in P3D5, X-Plane 11, FSX and then any legacy airports in the system that have been active in the last few years. I have been experimenting on pulling airports from greatcirclemapper.net but am not sure if I want to include too many of those, when we pulled from ourairports.com it was not a great success.

Until then I don't want to go ad hoc updating airport codes as they come up, preferring a more systematic approach were we get more consistent data.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.