Scrapping special use aircraft.

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Scrapping special use aircraft.

Post by joefremont » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:16 am

Some have complained about the fact you can't sell special use aircraft (like the AN-225), if you want to get rid of one the only method allowed is to scrap it and then you only get 35% of the value of the aircraft. I agree this is not fair so I have now made an update to the page for scrapping aircraft and now for special use aircraft you will get 80% the value of the aircraft.

Specifically regarding the AN-225, it has become fairly popular these days, a bit too popular for my taste, but don't worry I am not taking them away. I have reset the price to get a new one to 750M. According to wikipedia, there is/was a second 225 under construction that was 60-70% finished, but will take 300M to finish. Doing the math if it takes 300M to do the last 40%, it would take 750M to do 100%. And because it's so unique the cost to maintain it is 4x that of normal aircraft. All other special use aircraft will be 2x normal.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Re: Scrapping special use aircraft.

Post by ADAM-007 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 pm

I completely agree with this Joe, Nice work here to counteract the 225's dominance. We're thinking twice about taking her out now and who will get access considering her repair costs.

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Re: Scrapping special use aircraft.

Post by fackprod » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Hmm our AN225 has recorded 14 flights between April 2020 and current. 14 flights in 18 months is hardly dominating the package market. Probably now time to move it into the livery museum.
Alastair