Site Updates - Beta client 2.5

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Site Updates - Beta client 2.5

Post by joefremont » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:47 pm

ke7zum wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:27 pm
sounds neat. I'll be taking a look and might consider testing this to see if there are any issues with our screen reading tools. sorry for quoting the whole post, that probably looks nasty! thanks for the simbrief thing. I had a pilot who still is in boot camp (IRL got in the way as of now) ask me if there was a way to get simbrief from fsairlines, I said at that time, negative.

thanks.
Hi ke7zum, right now the SimBrief link is on the bottom of the flight briefing page. It is a bit hidden I know, it was unsure how promonate to make this link as I was not sure I wanted to make it look like I was endorsing the use of SimBrief with FSA. I have nothing against it, I have never used it or felt I needed to. If its really popular I could put this some place else as the code to create the SimBrief link is done.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon May 23, 2022 12:42 am

I have made a new update to the beta client. There are some changes I have made that I hope will solve some of the issues ppl had with 2.5.0.

Biggest change for others is I added a feature where the client can ask for the total fuel rather than adding up all the known tanks. This should help the DC Design Concord which has 20 tanks (instead of the 11 we can read) and in X-Plane where there are tanks we can not see at all. Its only for when your using FSUIPC orXPUIPC (no misconnect) and you should be using the readonly fueling method.

khakans
Ticket Agent

Post by khakans » Fri May 27, 2022 1:10 pm

Hi Joe. I just bought a Fenix ​​A320. But there is a problem. When running the FsAirlines client, there is image stuttering and dramatic FPS drop every 3-4 seconds and flight is not possible. Fenix ​​A320 needs internet to work and installs an online client. I think there is a conflict between Fenix ​​client and FsAirlines client. It would be nice if you could find a solution to this as well with Fenix. Greetings.

khakans
Ticket Agent

Post by khakans » Tue May 31, 2022 10:21 pm

Hi again, I made 2 flights with beta client and Fenix ​​and saw that there was no problem anymore. At least now there is no fps loss or stuttering in Fenix ​​because of FSA client. Thank you.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:52 pm

khakans wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 10:21 pm
Hi again, I made 2 flights with beta client and Fenix ​​and saw that there was no problem anymore. At least now there is no fps loss or stuttering in Fenix ​​because of FSA client. Thank you.
Thats great news. So far over 1200 flights flown with the new client and no complaints.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:13 am

Since beta 4 had been out for a while with no complaints I have now release a stable version of it as 2.5.1.

Compared to beta 3 and 2.5.0 it has some stability improvements and some new code for reading total fuel from FSUIPC. This should help MSFS and XPlane aircraft that have more than the normal number of fuel tanks.