Site Updates - Beta client 2.5

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Site Updates - Beta client 2.5

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi Flyers,

I have just released some updates I have been working on including a beta of version 2.5 of the client which is available now for downloading. These updates include:
  • In the client you can now select for it to just save its data for restoring flights instead of both its data and having the simulator save a flight, when you restore it will show you all its data so you can adjust the simulator to match it and continue.
  • Pilots can now be paid an hourly rate rather than just a percent of profit (maximum 500 v$ per hour). The hour is an ideal time for the flight rather than actual, there are enough bugs in calculating time and enough pilots who will game it for me to want to use actual time, the rate is set on the pilots rank.
  • The formula for "Crew & catering costs" has changed, before it was just 5$ per passenger, now its 2$ per passenger per hour, plus 20$ per flight attended per hour. In addition the cost for the other pilots are included in this also, including copilot, flight engineer, navigator, etc. Yes its more complicated and the amount probably wont have a huge effect but I though it was more accurate.
  • There is a new page in the finance section so you can see the financial performance of each aircraft in a fleet, since the aircraft was purchased.
  • For aircraft leases 'deposits' are being removed, they are still there for leases that have been issued but not for any new leases (they were a bit useless).
  • There is a link on the bottom of the pilot briefing for downloading information to load into SimBrief.
  • Several other bugs were fixed in the client including the one where it was possible to start the flight when loaded above MTOW.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Site Updates - Beta client 2.5

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:13 pm

The restore flight logic will show you the

latitude,
longitude
altitude
fuel in kg, lbs, gallons and liters
speed
heading

You can then adjust the settings in your sim to match that and the flight will continue, you are of course responsible for getting all the settings in the aircraft set correctly so if your aircraft does not respond properly after you restart don't blame me, I did not do anything to it. If for instance you crash while at cruise attitude your probably better off starting a new flight, getting up to altitude and then start the client and set the aircraft position.

This should work for X-Plane also but so far not with MSFS as I don't think there is a way to manually change your latitude and longitude.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:51 pm

Thanks, Joe!

Hope you're having a Happy Holiday season!!

Cheers,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 am

A pilot recently asked for his flight to be reviewed. Apparently he was on approach, turned off the autopilot and had some control issue, banked hard and 'landed' with a vertical velocity in excess of 11,000 fpm. the aircraft 'bounced back up', circled around and landed normally. He was complaining because his prize aircraft now had a status of around 25% and would need major repairs, because of the 'bug' in my client.

Now a hard landing followed by a soft landing in the 2.4 client would reset the vertical speed for landing and often pilots would complain because the report showed a normal VS on the report where the client also recorded a hard landing penalty, this was an indicator that they had landed a second time. I considered that a bug and in 2.5 tried to fix it so the client remembered the hardest landing, I thanked the pilot for confirming that I had fixed it, he was not happy.

One persons bug is another's feature. In one of my first jobs after college, having graduated with a business and CS degree was working on a program for a local retailer where it displayed the margin for a sale. Remembering my business classes I could tell the formula they were using to calculating the margin percent was wrong, so I fixed it. I was later asked to change it back, yes they knew the formula was wrong but had been using it for so long they knew what it meant.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:32 pm

another unrelated but "interesting" glitch in all client versions has been the "high speed taxi penalty" we get when one presses pause while on the runway during takeoff roll or landing rollout before getting below the high speed taxi penalty threshold (25 kts). It seems the time clock for the penalty never stops running even when the sim is paused.

The known workaround for this glitch is to never press pause after getting faster than 25 kts on the takeoff roll until you are airborne. Also never press pause on the landing rollout until you are down to taxi speed to avoid the penalty.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:23 pm

Cat wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:32 pm
another unrelated but "interesting" glitch in all client versions has been the "high speed taxi penalty" we get when one presses pause while on the runway during takeoff roll or landing rollout before getting below the high speed taxi penalty threshold (25 kts). It seems the time clock for the penalty never stops running even when the sim is paused.

The known workaround for this glitch is to never press pause after getting faster than 25 kts on the takeoff roll until you are airborne. Also never press pause on the landing rollout until you are down to taxi speed to avoid the penalty.
That's one I have not heard before.

Patient: it hurts when I do this
Doctor: Then don't do that.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:42 am

yeah as long as one remembers to never use pause "while on the active runway", it's a non-issue.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:37 pm

v2.5-b3 is now available, changes include
- Password is now encrypted in the clients config file
- A few bug fixes including an improvement to the MTOW checking code.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:14 am

Another small update, now when you order out of production aircraft you will have to pay a 5% deposit upfront to place the order. The eventual price you pay will be 5% lower than it would have been before but if you fail to buy the deposit is not refundable.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:42 pm

With more than 2000 flights recorded with the beta and very few complaints I have now released the official version of 2.5.0.

Only change from beta 3 are some improvements to handle flights between Westray to Papa Westray, the shortest scheduled passenger flight in the world

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:07 pm

Some pilots have expressed problems when logging in with 2.5.0, not sure what the problem is, it may be related to the encrypting of the password in the config file. I have rolled back the release of 2.5.0 so you can use 2.4.1 again until I can figure out the problem. You may continue to use 2.5.0 if you are not experiencing any problems.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:48 am

2.5.0 running fine for me.

To anyone having an issue with the new release, I would delete your existing fsairlines.ini file in Documents\FSAirlines and then give it a try.

[edit] not sure if this is relevant Joe, but i noticed that the release client is still pointing to beta.fsairlines.net

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:38 pm

ADAM-007 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:48 am

To anyone having an issue with the new release, I would delete your existing fsairlines.ini file in Documents\FSAirlines and then give it a try.

[edit] not sure if this is relevant Joe, but i noticed that the release client is still pointing to beta.fsairlines.net
The server address should not be a problem as at this moment beta and www are using the same code but it should be changed.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:12 pm

ADAM-007 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:48 am

Just had the login problem, deleted fsairlines.ini and im back in again :)

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:27 pm

joefremont wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:00 pm
Hi Flyers,

I have just released some updates I have been working on including a beta of version 2.5 of the client which is available now for downloading. These updates include:
  • In the client you can now select for it to just save its data for restoring flights instead of both its data and having the simulator save a flight, when you restore it will show you all its data so you can adjust the simulator to match it and continue.
  • Pilots can now be paid an hourly rate rather than just a percent of profit (maximum 500 v$ per hour). The hour is an ideal time for the flight rather than actual, there are enough bugs in calculating time and enough pilots who will game it for me to want to use actual time, the rate is set on the pilots rank.
  • The formula for "Crew & catering costs" has changed, before it was just 5$ per passenger, now its 2$ per passenger per hour, plus 20$ per flight attended per hour. In addition the cost for the other pilots are included in this also, including copilot, flight engineer, navigator, etc. Yes its more complicated and the amount probably wont have a huge effect but I though it was more accurate.
  • There is a new page in the finance section so you can see the financial performance of each aircraft in a fleet, since the aircraft was purchased.
  • For aircraft leases 'deposits' are being removed, they are still there for leases that have been issued but not for any new leases (they were a bit useless).
  • There is a link on the bottom of the pilot briefing for downloading information to load into SimBrief.
  • Several other bugs were fixed in the client including the one where it was possible to start the flight when loaded above MTOW.

sounds neat. I'll be taking a look and might consider testing this to see if there are any issues with our screen reading tools. sorry for quoting the whole post, that probably looks nasty! thanks for the simbrief thing. I had a pilot who still is in boot camp (IRL got in the way as of now) ask me if there was a way to get simbrief from fsairlines, I said at that time, negative.

thanks.