Beta Testing: Restore Flight

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Beta Testing: Restore Flight

Post by joefremont » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 am

How many times have you been getting ready to land and suddenly your sim crashes and you have to restart the flight from the beginning. Well I finally may have come up with a solution.

Its not as perfect a solution as I would have liked, while I figured out how to have the client save the flight, I could not get it to load the flight, so you will have to do this yourself. Second, it does not work for X-Plane. Since we use XPUIPC as the interface, and they did not implement the safe flight method I don't have a way to do it.

The way it works is every two minutes the client will save its in progress data and ask the sim to save the current flight. When the sim or client does crash on you do the following.

Load the simulator then load the flight/scenario "FSA Autosave" and immediately pause the simulator.
Load the client, or if its already loaded press fly and the client will show three buttons similar to continue, view or delete the saved flight, press 'continue flight' and then when the client is ready you can un-pause the simulator and continue. If the simulator things the loaded flight does not match its saved data it will reject it.

You can download the beta client with this feature in from the download page or this link:

https://www.fsairlines.net/downloads/FS ... .3.2.3.exe

Please report back here if there are any problems.