FSA Staff - minor DOW weight issue

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

jato0072
Ticket Agent

FSA Staff - minor DOW weight issue

Post by jato0072 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Is there a way to adjust the DOW within a certain margin?

Example:
My FSA MD88 aircraft has a DOW listed at: 77975 lbs

While my MaddogX payware model has 86176 lbs

For a difference of: 8201 lbs

Is there a way CEOs and Managers can adjust each aircraft's DOW? With different simulators and different models, it would be a nice feature.

Keep up the good work!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: FSA Staff - minor DOW weight issue

Post by joefremont » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:18 am

I don't see this ever happening. It is true that with many aircraft there are several variants with different weights, usually we try to be the most generous by using the heaviest known variant which allows the most payload. but the weights are usually a matched set, if we were allow a CEO to specify the weights, say with in some min and max ranges, there would be a few that do it right, but the cheaters will take advantage of it by using the DOW from the lightest and the MTOW from the heaviest. I would rather not go there.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

jato0072
Ticket Agent

Post by jato0072 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:14 am

That makes sense. However, by only adding DOW I would be losing useful load and thereby making less cargo / v$ (nobody could cheat if DOW is only allowed to be increased).

I wouldn't want to change MTOW.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:18 am

Simple solution if your want a higher DOW (less payload) than FSA gives: change your cargo limit in the seating configuration so you can't load more than you can in your sim. This would give you more headroom in FSA for fuel as well but it wouldn't matter.

Also you don't have to match FSA exactly in weights. In fact many sim models fly horribly without a lot of tweaking if they were loaded to MZFW.