Package Delivery Time Frame

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Package Delivery Time Frame

Post by Cat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:53 pm

Someone has posted on the comments in my package video that they read the time frame on packages has changed from 2 / 4 days to 3/ 6 days.

If this is true, wow we sure need a NOTAM section when any feature in FSA gets get changed. A "locked" (no-comments allowed) NOTAM thread where updates and changes are all posted for easy reference. And mybe even a hot link in the crew center, "NOTAMS". They don't have to be wordy, just a quick synopsis of any feature change and a link to the proper forum thread that discusses said change in detail.

This is the package pay/fee data I have that I "assume" is current:

I also believe that once you move a package from it's departure location and then release it, you are billed the full amount regardless of time.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Package Delivery Time Frame

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm

It was changed to 3 and 6 days with a 25% step, but that change was made in Nov of 2019. Originally it was 2 and 4 days but was pretty quickly changed. It was pretty early in the life of the package feature.

When we talked about the change, during the development of it.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=9491&p=45871&hilit=6+days#p45871

The description of the Cargo package system does state that in the first paragraph.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=9569
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Wow OK I missed that somehow This is why the video's are becoming outdated too.

Thanks.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm

Telling people they have 4 days when they have 6 is not a bad thing, they just get it there earlier, no harm no foul. The other way around could get them in trouble.

I usually do try to post any changes in the 'Announcements' section, I usually think of the Announcements section as the NOTAM section, but do we need something extra? Maybe we just clean out all the old junk that does not matter any more.

I try to keep the Announcements and Tips & Tricks section as the places i describe things. Announcements is for changes and upcoming events, Tips & Tricks is for descriptions.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 pm

I have updated the video's in the description text to reflect the actual delivery times.