Where does FSA gain the "Aircraft Type" from

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Revsarge
Rampie

Where does FSA gain the "Aircraft Type" from

Post by Revsarge » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:22 pm

I'm wondering where FSA looks for the type. Here's my reason. I fly for a VA that purchased the CC Crafter's Piper Cub. That is a MSFS 2020 model. I have several versions of a Cub in FSX, but I'm guessing they won't match. I know that there is a generic cub, but the VA chose to purchase the 2020/P3D version. The plane is one I would fly in an area that I do my flying in (Anchorage).

Is it possible to modify the .cfg in my FSX config file so that my generic Piper cub will be able to fly as the 2020 version the company owns.

Revsarge

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Where does FSA gain the "Aircraft Type" from

Post by joefremont » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:36 pm

Do you mean, how does the client determine if your flying the right aircraft? it looks at the aircraft weights and the number of engines.

You may want to look at this:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=9524

This is not really a new idea so I will move this topic to a more appropriate section.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

davy33127
Ticket Agent

Post by davy33127 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Is there the possibility of having a table for the equivalence of planes for example if an A320 Neo of flightbywire and equal to an a321 F (cargo)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:14 pm

Have a place to put it would not be hard, collecting the data would be a lot of work, getting the data for all the different freeware/payware aircraft and seeing if it would work for every aircraft type would be a massive amount of work.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.