Cargo drop off en route to destination airport

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

winpies
Ticket Agent

Cargo drop off en route to destination airport

Post by winpies » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Hi, new to to FS Airlines. I am planning a passenger flight from Perth to Adelaide but have to drop off cargo at Esperance on the way then continue to Adelaide. Can someone explain how I do that?

I think I read somewhere that I can land at a different airport before the final destination as long as I have cargo onboard but I am not sure of the procedure.

When I get to Esperance, do I end the flight in the FS client, reload fuel and start again? Do I need to re-book the passenger flight to Adelaide or does it just continue as I have not reached the final destination?

Hoping someone can help me so I don't stuff up and cop a penalty for landing at the wrong airport. :?

Cheers
Jeff
Cheers
Jeff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Cargo drop off en route to destination airport

Post by Cat » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:37 pm

The most simple way is to click the DIVERT tab in the client while enroute. Type in your desired airport location where you want to drop cargo off then land at your drop off point. The system will automatically build you a new route to complete your trip to your original destination.

You do not have to have package cargo on board to use the divert tab. It can be used to stop to deliver cargo, pick up additional fuel if you are running short, weather alternate, etc.

winpies
Ticket Agent

Post by winpies » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:06 am

Great, thank you Cat (Sam), Appreciate it.

Safe skies.

Cheers
Jeff
Cheers
Jeff

Shalomar
Ticket Agent

Post by Shalomar » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 pm

I hit the "divert" tab to fuel up and after I landed FSAirlines client said "Flight aborted". My fuel monitoring is read only. Did I miss something?

Donald

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:09 pm

While the client does try to detect if you have packages on board when you land, it does not know if your just there to pick up. No downside to pushing the divert button and entering the code of the airport your going to.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.