In the news today Air USA pilot crashes due to running out of gas

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Balsafer
Ticket Agent

In the news today Air USA pilot crashes due to running out of gas

Post by Balsafer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:04 am

made my first oopsie flying today lol misjudged how far the cessna citation can fly lol

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: In the news today Air USA pilot crashes due to running out of gas

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:09 am

Using MSFS? Fuel usage for the jet liners is pretty off also
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Balsafer
Ticket Agent

Post by Balsafer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:35 am

Yea i should of been able to get to san fran from Wisconsin

ApovanGulb
Ticket Agent

Post by ApovanGulb » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Fun fact about the Cessna 208 in MSFS2020: You will run out of fuel when the fuel gauge is telling you there are still 2x19 gallons left. Happened to me twice. The FSA client will not detect you ran out of fuel though, probably because you didn't :lol:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:59 pm

ApovanGulb wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:00 pm
Fun fact about the Cessna 208 in MSFS2020: You will run out of fuel when the fuel gauge is telling you there are still 2x19 gallons left. Happened to me twice. The FSA client will not detect you ran out of fuel though, probably because you didn't :lol:
I have used the MSFS C208 quite a bit and I think it shows pounds instead of gallons.

In most fuel tanks there is always some amount of fuel that is not usable which based on your experience is 19 pounds (8.6kg) of fuel, sounds like I am not taking that into account when when determining if the AC has run out of fuel, maybe something for the next update of the client.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ApovanGulb
Ticket Agent

Post by ApovanGulb » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pm

joefremont wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:59 pm
ApovanGulb wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:00 pm
I have used the MSFS C208 quite a bit and I think it shows pounds instead of gallons.

In most fuel tanks there is always some amount of fuel that is not usable which based on your experience is 19 pounds (8.6kg) of fuel, sounds like I am not taking that into account when when determining if the AC has run out of fuel, maybe something for the next update of the client.
I think you are right about the pounds - my bad - and I already thought about the non-usable fuel but the "low fuel" system warning comes up with 1 Minute or less of eco-cruise left. I think this is kind of wrong and I didn't run into this problem with other planes so far.