Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Technical Stop (thank you)

Post by joefremont » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:57 pm

UAE001 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:50 pm
Hi Joe

No Complaints, thank you for adding the technical stop, makes it a bit more realistic to do routes with multi stop, ETC. FRA-NBO-JNB cause it's actually just a stop over on their way to etc Johannesburg and not a full stop and turn around place. so thank you again for listening :)

Regards

Nicolai
Thanks for the kind words. Still a few things to do on this, right now when you book a flight the origin and destination need to be within the aircraft's maximum range. I would like to change it so it takes into account the technical stops and when the flight is over it flags those that fly further than there max range.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:35 am

Just another note on this, I saw that some airlines were using the technical stop field as a way to enter notes on the flight, Since it is the client that needs to understand that I have made a couple changes so that its used the way its intended.

So when you enter the values, enter only airport ICAO codes separated by spaces. I have added some code that anything else will be stripped from the text before it is saved, and I have cleaned all the existing fields so that they follow this rule.

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:36 am

Is it normal for Technical Stop to be labelled as DIVERTED FLIGHT?

I have specified several airports, PANC, KSEA, KLAX, KSFO in the technical stop section for our RPLL-KJFK flight.
My understanding is my pilot can land to any of these specified airport for technical stop and continue with their flight.

My pilot selected the RPLL-KJFK flight and landed in PANC for technical stop. it was labelled as diverted flight, and cost us - 98,825 in fuel x 25 multiplier - 2,470,600 in total, is this normal?
Ian Campomanes
CEO - Philippines Virtual Airlines Group

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:47 pm

ianonline wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:36 am
Is it normal for Technical Stop to be labelled as DIVERTED FLIGHT?

I have specified several airports, PANC, KSEA, KLAX, KSFO in the technical stop section for our RPLL-KJFK flight.
My understanding is my pilot can land to any of these specified airport for technical stop and continue with their flight.

My pilot selected the RPLL-KJFK flight and landed in PANC for technical stop. it was labelled as diverted flight, and cost us - 98,825 in fuel x 25 multiplier - 2,470,600 in total, is this normal?
Yes, this is normal, you get the revenue when you land at your final destination, although you can deliver packages in a technical stop.