Critique Section of the Rating Field

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Critique Section of the Rating Field

Post by flugkapitan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Greetings!

I have recently started using the latest Beta version of the Client and it seems to be working quite nicely (thank you, Joe!).

I do have a question about the critique section, though. My past couple of flights have been on the JF DC-8-50 series. Each time after I've finished the flight and check my flight in my VA section at FSAirlines, it is noted as a critique that I "Exceeded maximum landing weight". There are not "dings" or penalty points for that, but I'm wondering how the Client figures this. On this last flight my touchdown fuel was just a hair over 14,000lbs, which is about an hour's worth in aircraft. Can't really let it get less than that ;-)

Cheers,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Critique Section of the Rating Field

Post by joefremont » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 am

I have found a slight problem with the overweight calculation. when we start the flight we calculate the usable fuel, cargo and pax from the database empty weight plus what you add. When we land we use the empty weight from the model instead, this causes an inconsistency that sometimes causes over landing weight messages that should not happen. It will be fixed in the next beta.

The idea I had was before you leave you would calculate how much fuel you would need and load enough so that you would get to your destination with enough reserves so you would be in a safe range when you land. There is no penalty deducted but wanted to report that it happened so pilots would be aware.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Re: Critique Section of the Rating Field

Post by flugkapitan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply and the explanation.

Cheers,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong