Ilyushin Il86 ticket factor

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Ilyushin Il86 ticket factor

Post by Tom JP » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 am

The Il-86 is an old and thirsty plane and, being a widebody with primative low-bypass engines, it doesn't really have a true Western equivalent. It's kind of a cross between a B707 & an A340-200. Currently, it's ticket factor is 1, compared to 1.5 for the B707 and Vickers VC10 and 1.25 for the more efficient L1011 Tristar and DC10.

Would admins please review it's ticket factor as I'm finding that, although the Kirill Konovalov freeware version is incredible fun to fly and also a great model, making a profit or a loss on it's flights depends largely on fuel price. The model's range/payload seem pretty accurate (according to wiki figures), but it's just a very thirsty plane. Even by increasing the 1st and business class seating (to allow some cargo to be carried on 2000nm sectors) and flying an economical flight profile with a full pax load, I made a loss due to the fuel price of $1.46 at Delhi, but on the return leg made some profit due to the fuel price at Hong Kong (VHHH) being $1.06.

I know you admins have a lot to do but if you get chance, could you please look at some Il86 flight data - to see if you think the plane deserves a slight T.F raise, in line with the other ageing jets of it's era?

The model I use is a totally standard Kirill Konovalov freeware, with a western autopilot & GPS window to make it a little easier to navigate.

Thanks, Tom.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Ilyushin Il86 ticket factor

Post by joefremont » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 am

Fair enough, I bumped the TF to 1.25, most of the other aircraft you cited were built 1972 and earlier, while the Il-86, but for the reasons you stated, its approved.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Re: Ilyushin Il86 ticket factor

Post by Tom JP » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 am

Cheers Joe. It'll certainly help. Even though the Soviets/Russians have built some great (mainly military) planes, they've lagged behind the West when developing economical turbofans for airliners. Their best designs (newest PS-90 & SaM146) have a lot of Western input.