Total hours Flown

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Javier A. Fernandez
Ticket Agent

Total hours Flown

Post by Javier A. Fernandez » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:00 am

Hello!!

Sorry if this have been disscused before but haven't been able to find anything related..

I'm trying to get the total Hours flown by our VA pilots.

For this purpose I get into Statistics and select our VA. then select hours and Commulative(I suppose this shows the Total Cummulative hours flown in the VA and not total hours on FSAirlines)

The issue cames when I see some of our active pilots been shown with and old callsign as we did a VA name/callsign change so I'm guessing the hours shown for the active pilots with the old callsign shown on the statistics are not 100% updated and accurate.

I'm I right?? if so, how can i get the total hours flown on the VA with out cheking all flights 1 by 1 and making the total count...\
If the hours shown are updated and the callsign shown is no matter, please apologise for the post, but gotta ask.. jeje

P.D.: I send a support ticket asking this to avoid opening a public post for a private VA issue and it was closed with out having any answer... ^^ :-(

Cheers in advance

Kind Regards
Javier A. Fernandez
VA Manager
Mint Airways virtual

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Total hours Flown

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Sorry about that, I though I typed in an answer and pressed the 'answer and close' button but may have missed and pressed the 'close' button thats right next to it.

But to answer your question the statistics program uses the database to scan the flight reports and sum up the totals for each pilot, it also pulls the pilots name, va name and call sign out of the reports also, but it only pulls out one and why it uses a older name and not the newer name is a bit of a mystery and something I have to work on. But is not a high priority item as the numbers reported are correct.

We use the names in the flight report table rather than the pilots table as pilots and airlines get deleted as people move on, but the flight reports stay forever.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Guys,
Is it possible the duplicate names are due to the pilot changing email address? I had the same problem and found out one of the pilots actually had two accounts each under a different email address.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Changing email addresses won't effect that, its grouped on the pilots ID number not there email address.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Javier A. Fernandez
Ticket Agent

Post by Javier A. Fernandez » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 am

Hello Joe...

dont worry bout the mistake on the support ticket maybe posting a post is better as other VA staff can se the case..

The doudt I've got is that the hours shown with out matter of the callsign ar correct or not..... As I see some really old callsign it makes me think the hours shown are also really old to...

I don't know if there's any way to update the callsing and also the hours shown...

The main Example I can show is the next one:

We've got a pilot called Pablo Alejandro Higuita, with actual callsign MIC1408 and total FSA hours flown: 1048.... his first flight with FSA was with Venezuelan Intenational Airlines, ICAO: VEA, then we changed the callsign to VZN and now we make a new callsign change to MIC and airline name change to Mint Airways Virtual... (lets say all his flights still been with the same airline even the VA name has changed... )
In the acctual statistic you can see: Pablo Alejandro Higuita with the callsign VZN013 and total hours of 839hrs, wha makes round 200 hours missing... Is there any way to update this data???

As you say this is not a priority as the numbers are correct, I can understand that, I wouldn't matter if that was the case, but giving you this example you can see the numbers aren't OK at all...(feel free to ckeck it out)

Also this issue appears only with some pilots, not with all of them.. so we cannot take the hours of any of them as we are no sure wich one are correct or not.. and it's really too much work to check flight by flight and count hour per hour to get the total...

Kind Regards

Javier A. Fernandez.
Mint Airways virtual.