Airport edits

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

DavidK
Ticket Agent

Airport edits

Post by DavidK » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:24 am

Hi,

In a series of amendments and additions I've made recently to the airport database (for the UK), not all have been accepted. To save time in future -- especially as I'm about to try to add some more airports for new routes -- what determines what's accepted and where may I refer to it?

Apologies in advance if my searches here have missed the answer.

Regards,
David

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Airport edits

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 am

All airport ICAO codes have to be the default FS9 code, no other codes will be accepted. Only airports that actually exist or existed in the past will be allowed, no fantasy airports. All data has to match the format given next to each field exactly, if the GPS coordinates don't show it close to an airfield, it'll probably be rejected. If the runway lengths are in meters instead of feet, it'll probably be rejected. If you put in runway length and width, it'll definitely be rejected.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Airport edits

Post by joefremont » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:39 pm

I reviewed those changes. I always try to verify that the data being entered is correct. For the most part the changes you entered were to the airport and city names. If the name of the airport or city did not seam to match what I found using great circle mapper or google earth, it was rejected. For the most part the changes were to add 'AB' to the end of the name and I think I approved those.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.