How to Antonov An 124-210 in my virtual airline

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

paragon
Ticket Agent

How to Antonov An 124-210 in my virtual airline

Post by paragon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:39 pm

I noticed there is only the Antonov An 124-100 available for lease and sale, not the An 124-210 available for download from www.flightsim.com

http://flightsim.filefront.com/file/Ant ... 210;104087

Is this because it is a proposed aircraft only, and not in current production?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: How to Antonov An 124-210 in my virtual airline

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:59 pm

As with all new aircraft in our database, there are two requirements

1) It must be an aircraft actually to have been produced or being produced in serial manufacture, no one-off aircraft.
2) It must be currently in or have served as a civilian aircraft with civilian certification.

If these two items are not met, then it will not be accepted. We make limited exceptions for aircraft like the An-225 and A300-600ST Beluga as they are held out for hire by their owners, but FSAirlines only allows VA's to have an equal number of the aircraft as exist in the real world. Aircraft like the Aerospacelines Guppy, which never saw non-government service, and the Boeing 747LCF which is flown on a limited certificate and is not available for charter, are not in the database for this reason. This is also why the C-5, C-17, and A400 are not included in the database as these are military-only aircraft.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:13 am

CAPFlyer wrote: Aircraft like the Aerospacelines Guppy, which never saw non-government service
Thats not true unless your talking strictly about the pregnant guppy. But the guppy was a family, not just a single type. You had the Pregnant guppy (one built), Mini Guppy (2 built) and Super Guppy (at least 5 built). The pregnant guppy was used solely by Nasa, but the Super and mini guppies saw lots of commercial use. Ericson Sky cranes used a mini guppy to fly the sky crane around in.

Until airbus built the belugas, they were using four super guppies to transport their outsized pieces. Two were used starting in the 1970's which were built by Aero Spacelines and the other two were built by airbus after they bought the production rights in the early 1980's.

The old saying of: "Every Airbus is delivered on the wings of a Boeing" came from this.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:54 am

Only the original Pregnant Guppy and Mini Guppies were ever used for outside commercial cargo lifting, but very few contracts ever came. The Pregnant Guppy was declared a "public aircraft" several years into its operations. Before that, it was used a couple of times for outside work. Once the Mini Guppies were bought by Erickson, they were not available for external hire. However, since there's no existant FS model for the Mini Guppy, it's a mute point. The Super Guppy Turbines that were built for Airbus were for company use only, just like the Boeing LCF is only for company use. It wasn't until the Belugas that they started hiring out, so the SGT, even if there was an FS model available, wouldn't qualify.