Change a Passenger plane to a Freighter??

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

RandyH
Ticket Agent

Change a Passenger plane to a Freighter??

Post by RandyH » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Is it possible to change something in the aircraft.cfg file so FSAirlines will see a passenger plane in Flight Sim as a Freighter?

What is it that FSAirlines looks at to tell if a plane is a passenger plane or a freighter?

Thanks for any help on this.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Change a Passenger plane to a Freighter??

Post by Stan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:11 pm

In your flightplan tick limit passengers to carry more cargo but you got to buy a pure frieghter to get max cargo capacity.
Yours Stan

RandyH
Ticket Agent

Post by RandyH » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:13 pm

I apologize....I did not make myself clear with my question.

I have a Boeing 777 Freighter in my fleet. I want to fly it in FS9 but I can not find a Boeing 777 Freighter Freeware plane for FS9. I do have a Boeing 777 Passenger plane for FS9 and I was wondering if anyone knew what FSAirlines looked for in the aircraft.cfg file to know whether it was a passenger plane or a freighter. I would like to change whatever line of text in the aircraft.cfg file so FSAirlines will think my B777 Passenger plane will look like a Freighter to FSAirlines.

I hope that makes more sense.

I used to fly on FSEconomy and we did that all the time so it was not so difficult to hunt all over the place for the exact plane that would work with it.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Have you tried flying the passenger aircraft because as long as you have booked a frieghter i dont think the client will know the difference.Worth a try.
I think client checks the wieght/no. of engines and the aircraft type.so you might have to change B777 TO B77L.
ps.try search on flightsim.com for [ap-bjc.zip].It is the posky B772F for fs2004.
Yours Stan

RandyH
Ticket Agent

Post by RandyH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:59 am

Nope...it won't work...it says "Wrong Aircraft."

I did sort of fix the problem.

I found a POSKY B777 Freighter for FSX and put it in FS9. Then put in a FS9 Panel Folder from another plane and that works. It see's it at a Freighter and the 2D cockpit works...the VC doesn't but I could live with that.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 pm

The client knows the difference because it looks at the weights and the ATC_Type line in the aircraft.cfg.

RandyH
Ticket Agent

Post by RandyH » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:06 am

Thanks CAPFlyer....appreciate it.