FSA leaderless?

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Inana McCarey
Ticket Agent

FSA leaderless?

Post by Inana McCarey » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:46 am

What is going on here? After Capflyer announced his message, I thought it at least some support menthal?
FsAirliners is the best thing one can have Va. What will happen next?I do not see any responses to Capflyers message (Resign)
Nobody here wants to support the Capflyer?

I hope this clears it all sensible. With the leadership here.
Such a project should not go against the wall!

My opinion .-
Chief flight attendant and flight personnel manager of the INTERFLUG
Inana McCarey

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Re: FSA leaderless?

Post by MadJosch » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:17 pm

There was indeed a reaction - at least one (mine).
Have a look here.

But you are right, it's quite poor noone shows a reaction.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Actually Jörg you give part of the reason in your post to Chris.........stagnation :roll: There is so little activity here that no-one bothers to check every day.

I have disagreed with Chris several times in the past, but he has my full support in this matter. His resignation is a huge loss for FSAirlines.

TTFN

Inana McCarey
Ticket Agent

Post by Inana McCarey » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Excuse me, but I have not found. However, as I see it, the forum is designed very impersonal. We have here several nations, and that would perhaps have to be designed so that each mother tongue would have to have an admin. then even more traffic in the forum would have been. or you see it differently?

But that's not the case in any point. it's probably because of the implementations here. I do not understand why the team here just makes it?
it is for me as a German girl, very embarrassing, that the makers come here from Germany.

But maybe there are certain circumstances that reasonably explain this reaction? I still hope the fact that it is everything for the positive.
I can not imagine that the chef's team, just makes it so, from the dust.
namely because FSA is unique. and who could develop, which can also estimate how great and awesome this FSA is.and so I think give the other deeper reasons it must be that no one can see more of the creators here.

there must be something else happened, we just do not know.
as long as nothing is known, should we continue to pursue all here and have patience.
a developer builds the project not to be proud then never again.
I can understand the frustration, but we also have to think about it, ....
My suggestion would be, .. someone the support will continue.that the developer does not answer is one thing.
But we want to continue flying the other thing.But without support, soon everything is going to the dogs.

I offer my help in anyway, so the flight operation continues..... because there are airlines that have been waiting weeks for new aircrafts, which were ordered.
and this is just one example.

Am I wrong with my opinion? then it tells me quietly.
Regards
Inana McCarey
Personnel Management and
Chief Flight Attendant of the INTERFLUG VA

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 am

Inana, your enthusiasm is great, but you seem to be new around here. Have a look how long Jörg (2008) and I (2007) have been around Flynet/FSAirlines. This problem isn't something that happened overnight, it's been a long running issue. There have been complaints about lack of communication for as long as I can remember.

There used to be more admins, but eventually it came down to Chris (CAPFlyer) and for some time he has been virtually the only visible face of the "management". The devs have even overturned some of his decisions when they eventually paid a visit, something which I find unacceptable. Where are the requests for volunteers? Has there been a post by the admins since Chris quit on the 14th?

When the devs decided to charge for FSAirlines they carried out surveys to find out what we, the users, wanted and promised a whole lot of improvements in realism, have a look at the "Rate our Ideas" page. How many of those have been implemented? Improved flight tracking is the only one that I can think of, but there have been at least two attempts to implement totally meaningless award schemes. The first was for flights completed, and things turned out just as some of us expected. A few VAs set up a series of 5 mile flights just to get on the list. Now we have the top pilots by hours. How does somebody fly 100+ hours per week? The answer is of course that they don't, they simply plan a point to point flight, start up their PC and go to do something else. That's just playing, not simulation, but that seems to be the way the devs want to go.

FSAirlines is NOT unique, there are other systems available. FSAirlines is the cheapest option at the moment, but in terms of value for money it falls down badly. The other systems are in constant development, FSAirlines isn't, at least as far as we know. I know the argument that the devs have real lives, but so do I. The money I make from my real life pays for my VA on FSAirlines (whether it's for servers, bandwidth or the coffee machine is irrelevant), and as such I can decide to take my business elsewhere if I'm dissatisfied with the service that I receive.

The devs did a great job creating this system, but it can't stand still. If the devs have effectively abandoned FSAirlines why should we stick around?

TTFN

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:38 pm

It's a bit late to suggest aking for volunteers, people should have been offering whatever assistance they can, and it shouldn't take something like this to force the issue... bus some sort of idea of what is needed and how many hours a month is expected, that would be a start to generating interest in filling roles.
We're all in this together, we all have an interest in the FSAirlines, so don't leave it to someone else, try and get involved if you have the hours/experience to spare/donate.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:13 pm

As someone who does actually hold an unofficial position at FSA (I am the Wiki Administrator), I can assure you that there have been offerings of help. However, that was mostly back when we were back on FlyNET.

With regards to the future direction of FSA, I believe that we will see some of our requested additions come to life shortly.
As someone who is a C++ and SQL programmer, I can tell you that some of the most requested additions are a little bit more complex than they would appear because from what I can tell, there are a lot of linkages.

As far as the "leaderless" situation, I believe that there will be an announcement soon about future database admin(s) who will be taking over in Chris' place. There is obviously a process that the developers have to go to in order to qualify and train someone new.

I have confidence we will soon see something new.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:11 am

Mat, you're right, if we had a better idea of what was needed it would be easier to commit to helping, but that's a communication problem again.

Matthew, I work very closely with system designers so I'm well aware that it is frequently (OK, always :lol: ) more complicated than first planned. But how about letting us know? In my industry we keep the customers updated even when there is no progress, it builds trust and gives the impression that we care. Again we're talking about a lack of communication.

As for new features, well let's see.

TTFN

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:01 am

Inana McCarey wrote:t?I do not see any responses to Capflyers message (Resign)
Nobody here wants to support the Capflyer?
Thats because he locked the topic to just keep it as the announcement...

I support his reasons as well.

I even offered help previously about two years ago i think but was told everything was fine and no help was needed.

I agree though, the lack of developement on this site is quite depressing. Im to the point where im almost considering leaving in January, but i havent decided yet.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:27 pm

I am one of those who have left after being a member since 2005. You may ask me how since I am still here. The answer is I did left as someone who seeks an active place. I came back because I didn't find something else like FSA. What I mean is there is potentiality. I hope things will find a way.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi guys,

Haven't wrote something since Chris left the admin-team. I'm very busy at the moment, and will be the next few months. But I can assure you that FSA will never be leaderless and we won't abandon what we've created. We have plans for FSAirlines and there's still much we want to do.
Thanks to Chris we were able to respond very quickly to most of your questions, and he took care of our aircraft and airport database very well. Maybe support won't be as quick in the next weeks, but we're working on a solution to this.
There are also some nearly finished features which are awaiting their release date. I hope you'll enjoy flying on FSAirlines for many more years.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 am

Thank you for replying to this thread Konny,i understand that you are very busy at the moment trying to find a career in life.
You probably starting this whole thing (FSA) as some sort of university project but it got bigger than you originally thought.I for one am very pleased to here that you will not be abandoning it now it has got so popular.Please put your studies first as i think think the program is very workable as it is at the moment. :D
Yours Stan

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm very fund of FSA, finding this program highly useful in use I link with FSP. I'm not reading two much the forum, preferring to have time in the air.

I fund today a great issue, with CapFlyer announcement.

Cap', I just want to underline there how I really appreciate, as user, your action every time I was requesting help or explanation. Thk for all your action for this site!

About pilot in the cockpit (or not), I have nothing to say. Currently I'm satisfied by the site, and to say the truth I completely do not care about the top 5, because I know this top 5 is completely faked by some users. At least, it is useful just to underline how some pilots should not be trusted... I hope Developers will find their way to upgrade FSA to FL we do not even think too.

If can help in any matter, for FSA to go his way ahead, please, feel free to ask for.