No
33%

Total votes: 6

Nagelfar
Ticket Agent

FSAirlines MP-Server Idea

Post by Nagelfar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Dear FSAirlines Pilots and CEO´s

I´ve got an Idear concerning a multiplayer Server for all FSAirlines Pilots as it´s a lot more fun to fly together in this big world we´re crossing every day.
Therfore i woud be interested in you opinions about this Idea. Would you use such a Server - and if so what would you expect?

Thank you for your Input and hope to see you soon online.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: FSAirlines MP-Server Idea

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm not going to close this thread or the poll, but just to let you know, using the search function would have saved you a lot of time.

First, this idea has been brought up several times in the past. FSAirlines will not host such a server. It costs too much bandwidth and money to do.

Second, there are already several servers setup by FSAirlines VA's that are available. There are threads in this section of the forum giving the connection information.

Finally, there are 2 major online networks, IVAO and VATSIM, in addition to several smaller ones (like WestCoastATC) that are also available that not only let you fly in a multiplayer environment with other pilots, but it lets you fly in a realistic ATC environment with real, human Air Traffic Controllers who have received training to be able to do a good, realistic, job. All for free.

As you can see, there are options out there already and there's not necessarily a need for you to bring another at this point because much of what's available now is honestly underutilized.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Chris is right, there are already enough other multiplayer servers out there and I personally would recommend IVAO or VATSIM, but maybe we could put a list on our page where everybody can publish his mp-server.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

frakos
Ticket Agent

Post by frakos » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Hallo!
I also think that there are already many of their own multiplayer servers.
A dedicated server costs a lot of money to maintain. We at FamilyAir in the U.S. found a free server where we fly with FSInn. So far this server has been working reliably. On the following link you can download the most important modules and fly with the appropriate settings in an online community around the world:

http://flightsim.apollo3.com/

In addition to the fly in the airline, there are also with us, "amateur pilots" who speak no ATC language. IVAO and VATSIM deter these aviators. On the Apollo server, we fly with our own team-speak and disturb nobody. It is important that we consider the other pilots and to adhere to the general flight rules.

I support the idea of ​​creating a list of publicly accessible servers for the joint to create multiplayer flying.