Freeware Aircraft

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Raptor1090
Ticket Agent

Freeware Aircraft

Post by Raptor1090 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:31 pm

The tutorial says the following:
Aircraft with models (Freeware) that have proven to have incredible returns (ie,they are cheap to buy, but generate a lot of money for you) These aircraft are all recommended heavily for startup VAs, they allow you to save cash, generate tons more cash, and then buy the newer aircraft you want for your fleet. You can usually find them on the Trader's market, at discounted prices (saving you even more money!)

DC-9: Even Northwest still uses them! The best workhorse on flynet, no other aircraft can come close to the DC-9 series in terms of intial investment vs return.

Il-86, a Widebody aircraft capable of carrying over 250 passengers, and it costs less to buy than a small 737. Undoubtedly one of the most valuable (and rare) airframes on flynet.

A300: The most modern Widebody jet. With a capacity for over 300 people, and a price point lower than some narrowbodies, the A300 is a smart choice for new airlines seeking to break into the Trans-Oceanic market.

B727: A Capable Performer for trun routes. Comparable capacity and economics to a 757-200, but over 60 million dollars cheaper. A wise investment.

DC10: Another excellent widebody. It allows for an increase in range over the A300 above. Again, a great aircraft, with a small pricetag.

Tu-154: A Russian Tri-Jet, the aircraft offers performance comparable to the 727, and at a low cost. It may burn a little more fuel, but the total amount per flight is recouped by the fact that you save over 50 million dollars on initial purchase of this jet. It can be the backbone of a new VA, allowing for growth, and then resold when the VA upgrades its fleet. (There is excellent freeware from Project Tupolev available as well)

Fokker 50: Don't count out turboprops, these aircraft can be just as fast as their jet counterparts, and they burn a lot less fuel, ie, more cash returns for you!

... so, I was wondering if anyone knew good freeware or payware models for the above aircraft? Or any other good aircraft to start the game with?

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Freeware Aircraft

Post by Stan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:55 pm

HNAC A300,SGA DC10 AND Dreamwings F50.All freeware.
Yours Stan

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:23 pm

DC9/B727 from the Historic jetliners Group

TU-154 from Project Tupolev

The others as Stan said.....

TTFN

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 pm

It,s a while since i flew the IL-86 but i think i used (ily_il86.zip) available on Flightsim.com.
Yours Stan