FSPassengers & FSAirlines Together

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

gavilan
Ticket Agent

FSPassengers & FSAirlines Together

Post by gavilan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi

I'm begining with FSA, and befor I start logging flight I would like to clarify something.

I'm a FSPassengers user, and I'd like to use it together with FsPassanger

My questions is: How should I proceed to set in FSPassengers the same number of passengers and cargo that the FsAirlines "give" me for each flight?

I'd like the aircraft to be loaded exacly with what FSAirlines establish.

Any help on this topic, or in how to use both programs together will be welcome

Regards and thank you in advance
Carmelo Toledo
Callsigns: AHS862C // AYC1040 // GAVILÁN

Dom971
Ticket Agent

Re: FSPassengers & FSAirlines Together

Post by Dom971 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi Gavilan,

I use to fly with FSPassenger and FSA also.

Firstly, open FSAirlines. It shows you the number of passenger and cargo for the flight. The only thing you have to do with FSA is to choose the fuel, and only the fuel.

Well, after, in FSPassenger, you have to load only passenger and cargo, DO NOT TOUCH the fuel value.

FSA for the fuel, and FSpassenger for the pax and cargo.

Have a good flight ;-)

Cheers

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:53 am

Just a correction - start FSPassengers *FIRST*. All of your programs should be loaded and ready to go prior to starting FSAirlines. Failure to do so can cause FSAirlines to detect a cheat or prevent certain things from working becuase it locks those features from further access.

gavilan
Ticket Agent

Post by gavilan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 am

Hi
Thank you very much for your answers

My question is: If I open FSPassenger FIRST, I won't know how many pax/cargo are "waiting" for me in FSAirlines, and I would like to have the same in both FSA and FSP

For that reason I prefer the solution of loading FSP first, BUT without touching the fuel. Would ir be any problem if I load FSPassenger after FSAirlines without touching the fuel?

Thank you again in advance
Carmelo Toledo

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 am

You know exactly how much passengers and payload you'll have - it's specified in on the briefing document generated when you book your flight.

gavilan
Ticket Agent

Post by gavilan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:01 am

Gotcha! That's exactly what I wanted... a previous briefing befor loading the FSA. It was a very FSA newbie question :) But I didn't wanted to start flying until I found the wat to integrate both programs

Thank you very much
Carmelo Toledo

ahmedab
Ticket Agent

Post by ahmedab » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 am

Another thing, when u start fspassengers first keep the fuel full before starting fsairlines. The reason is that if u keep less fuel and fsairlines adds fuel fspassenger will give u an error as if you are trying to cheat and if that happens in full screen ull most prolly have to close fs and open it again :D

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:12 pm

ahmedab wrote:Another thing, when u start fspassengers first keep the fuel full before starting fsairlines. The reason is that if u keep less fuel and fsairlines adds fuel fspassenger will give u an error as if you are trying to cheat and if that happens in full screen ull most prolly have to close fs and open it again :D
Can we clarify this fuel issue please. In FSA we have to calculate the fuel needed for the flight and fill up at a cost. Using the site Aerotexas.com I learn that I need X amount to complete the journey with X amount reserve. It is unfortunate however that FSPassengers penalises for not carryng enough reserve (10%)

Fully understanding that FSpassengers is not "our" program is there any way to overcome this other than loading much more fuel than is needed??

regards

paul

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:11 pm

There should be no reason to add fuel after starting FSPassengers if you are following the established FSAirlines procedures outlined in our Wiki Tutorial. You should be loading any and all fuel needed for the flight BEFORE starting any addon software like FSPassengers or FSAirlines and not touch the fuel afterward, only confirming that the amount on the aircraft is the amount you want FSPassengers and FSAirlines to recognize as your fuel load for the flight. If you are doing this, FSAirlines will not do anything that will cause you a problem with FSPassengers.

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Thu May 05, 2011 7:20 am

CAPFlyer wrote:There should be no reason to add fuel after starting FSPassengers if you are following the established FSAirlines procedures outlined in our Wiki Tutorial. You should be loading any and all fuel needed for the flight BEFORE starting any addon software like FSPassengers or FSAirlines and not touch the fuel afterward, only confirming that the amount on the aircraft is the amount you want FSPassengers and FSAirlines to recognize as your fuel load for the flight. If you are doing this, FSAirlines will not do anything that will cause you a problem with FSPassengers.

Ok, I just completed a flight from YPPH to YPLM and loaded the recommended amount as stated by aerotexas. Loading this amount and plenty more I landed with 19-20% of fuel remaining. On closing and saving the FSPassenger flight it penalises me for not having enough reserve fuel. It tell me I should have enough reserve for 40Nm. I would have expected that in the 737-800 this should have been more than enough? I started the flight with 55% at departure. Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

paul

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:22 pm

is this the default FSX 737-800?

I used FS Passenger always before i went to FSCaptain and never had this issue with my Captain Sim B727 and B707.

Also, if it gives incorrect fuel errors, there are always option to disable those warnings in the FSPassengers config files. It takes a bit away from the realism, but as always, it's a game.
Image Image

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Sat May 07, 2011 3:41 am

edwinb77 wrote:is this the default FSX 737-800?

I used FS Passenger always before i went to FSCaptain and never had this issue with my Captain Sim B727 and B707.

Also, if it gives incorrect fuel errors, there are always option to disable those warnings in the FSPassengers config files. It takes a bit away from the realism, but as always, it's a game.
Thanks edwinb77,

Yes it is the default FSX737-800 except with different (Qantas) livery so I expect that wont make any difference. I have however just noticed that FSPassengers is set for Kilograms not Pounds? I have no idea if this is the cause. It is unfortunate that these programs are written in european pounds, which gives us kilo users a little more calculation to do.

Paul

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat May 07, 2011 3:54 am

FSAirlines is by default in kilograms, all you have to do is set it to KG in your user preferences and the client will follow. It will only show US Pounds and Gallons (not Imperial/European Gallons) if you set it to show Pounds/Gallons.

BTW, Flight Simulator can be changed to read in kilograms as well (even though the gauges will show whatever the gauge programmer set be it US Pounds or Gallons, Imperial Gallons, Kilograms, or Liters) when you select the measurement units in the options.

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:10 am

also be aware that the B737-800 is known as a nice fuel burner and that it could be that fuel usages is not correctly measured by the programs :)
Image Image