Event Page

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Lord ISP
Ticket Agent

Event Page

Post by Lord ISP » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Web Admin(s),

I was surprised as I took a look at our event and I must determine that html was disabled during our presentation which made it unusable because only the code was visible.
I can understand the decision to disable html but not
  • why you couldn’t inform us before as we was the only one affected airline of this changes
  • why you didn’t provide an alternate solution like bb code or whatever...
I’m really a fan of innovations and new technologies but every times when you make someone I’m really afraid that something doesn’t work anymore. And in this case the only affect was that we closed our event.

Thank you for clarifying

Regards, Rafael
Systems Administration, Infrastructure and Development
German Flight-Center Virtual Airline
http://www.german-flightcenter.com

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Event Page

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:15 pm

First, is there a reason you couldn't have submitted a support ticket on this matter?

Second, why must you assume it was intentional?

I am closing this topic because the tone is wrong from the start. Please submit a support ticket and we will definitely look into the problem and see what can be done.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:05 am

Hey Lord ISP,

I had to deactivate HTML because it is a big security issue! Right now you can only post text and define the route via the provided system.

We probably have to remake the whole event page as soon as we have some spare time, as it is not used as much as I would have thought. If you have some ideas on improving the system please let me know!

thank's for understanding
dakurt

Btw.: This change was made intentionally and I think the correct place to tell us your problem is this forum. Your tone sounded perfectly fine to me, too...So I reopend this topic.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Lord ISP
Ticket Agent

Post by Lord ISP » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey Guys
Happy to see you understand our situation and it’s my pleasure to place ideas on the right position.

I think the event page will not be use because:

1) it’s may placed on the wrong position which makes it difficult to find. See my succession in the attached screenshot (FSAEvents.jpg)
2) there is no reason why a Airline should sign in to a Event. The partnership makes occupation only, in a previous version Airlines deserves a fee per flight. I would success to change this back.
3) To reduce support requests for “I cannot submit a Event” hide the “Start your own Event” for non CEOs and let CEOs define users/groups to manage Events.
4) Layout and Design: It’s very important to implement a design tool kit like BB code to allow: one or two headlines; a couple of text colours; bold, italic etc. Styles; iframe; linked images and maybe a couple of background colours.

Looking forward if I could help!

Regards, Rafael
Attachments
FSAEvents.jpg
FSAEvents.jpg (238.95 KiB) Viewed 4512 times

Lord ISP
Ticket Agent

Post by Lord ISP » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Well, 3 month later please allow me the question about the status of my inquiry and feedback of my idea.

Regards, Rafael

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri May 06, 2011 11:26 am

Hi Lord ISP,

I'm sorry for the delay. I am going to implement a new event page on the upcoming redesign of the FSAirlines page. I hope you can hold on a little longer ;)

best regards
DaKurt
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming