A new multiplayer server

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Duncan Donut
Ticket Agent

A new multiplayer server

Post by Duncan Donut » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Hello all,

I hope it is ok for me to post this here,I am part of a team that has created a new multiplayer server,designed to cater mainly for VA use.

It uses a client system that is completely independent of flightsimulators multiplayer,this means that players using FS2002 through to FSX will be able to fly together and see each other in the same virtual sky.

Air traffic control services will be available most days,with the amount of coverage increasing as more people join us.

Membership is completely FREE and will remain that way.

So why not come and take a look at our website http://www.fsxserver.co.uk and see what we are all about.

Thanks for looking,

Duncan.

Oh btw its not powered by FSHOST either and during our testing has remained totally lag free :)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: A new multiplayer server

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 pm

I've moved it to the "General (General)" forum as that's more where it goes. :)

Duncan Donut
Ticket Agent

Post by Duncan Donut » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for moving it,I wasn't too sure which section to put it in. :)

Duncan Donut
Ticket Agent

Post by Duncan Donut » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Just a side note to the above post,although the server has been created by a UK based team and the website is uk based,it is open to Pilots from anywhere in the world.

If you have someone in your VA who likes to control,they are welcome to control on the server at any airport they chose using the standalone ATC software (you don't have to have flightsim running to use it),ideal if you want atc in a certain area for your airline,or you are having a fly in!.

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:30 am

looks really nice, checked the website and taking my conderations of flying online there :)

i was also looking into VATSIM and created an account on the dutch part, but since i'm flying mainly the 707 and 727 they say that it will be pretty hard, since those aircrafts don't use an FMC or FMS system...
Is this required for your server as well? I have hardly any knowledge of creating flightplans :) i have FSX/REX for that :P
Image Image

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:15 pm

I will have a chat with the VACC NL guys but 707 and 727 shouldn't have any major problems operating in VATSIM, you just can't use the RNAV procedures. If they're getting that lazy over there, then I will see that it's addressed since there are still aircraft operating in Europe without FMS.

As an alternative, if you have FSNavigator or FlightSim Commander, you can "fake" an FMS as I do when I need it. :)

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:28 pm

thanks Cap :)

i also asked this on the Captainsim forum itself and they say the same..

i'm going to give it a try as soon as i have a few hours to spend to figure all things out :)

I also want to give Duncan a chance to populate his server as well.. looked around on his website and all looks quite ok :)
Image Image

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 pm

I feel that "private" servers like Duncan's serve a purpose just as much as VATSIM. On VATSIM there tends to be problems with small VA fly-ins because they're often hard to get controllers for much less get the event listed. On a private server, you can guarantee your own ATC. :)

Duncan Donut
Ticket Agent

Post by Duncan Donut » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Edwin and everybody reading this,

We use very similar software to vatsim for our server,however we are not striving to create a completely realistic simulation of air traffic control procedures.Just a quick copy and paste of your fsx created fligthplan would do fine,or even just where you are flying from/to,and if there is a controller online he can guide you from point A to point B :)

We are hoping to sit somewhere in the middle ground between the madness that is a gamespy server and the professionalism of vatsim,We welcome anyone to try there hand at controlling and don't expect people to pass any tests to control on the server,however if somebody is not very good at it they will be helped and encouraged to improve by one of the more experianced members.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer,and please feel free to join us on our TS3 for a chat about anything else you may wish to know about.

All the best,

Duncan.

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:53 pm

I think to join VATSIM or IVAO.

In fact, I'm fully pleased with FSP+FSA experience, but I would like to join a "controlled" area to go further and to acquire more experience in my flight own madness.

I will have a look to your site.

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:30 am

I think you fill a nice gap between the gamespy and VATSIM/IVAO there..

I know VATSIM and IVAO are pretty professional sites and handle quite strict rules to fly in there, so i'm sure i will give yours a try.

As said i have very very few knowledge of flightplanning and let FSX do that for me with high altitude airways so it will set a nice course for me with some twists and turns :)
I think VATSIM is just a little out of my league so far for flying according to plans and maps etc.

Coming sunday its a nice relaxed day, dark and rainy as it is in Holland, so i'm giving it a spin on your servers :)
Image Image

Fuzzy_Bear
Ticket Agent

Post by Fuzzy_Bear » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:53 am

I've been on the FSXserver from it's begining and I'm very pleased with the way it works as regards to the software and the people running it. Ive tried my hand at the radar software as well as the pilot software and the experience most enjoyable and very much relaxed as far as ATC is concerned. There is a display of profesionalism while keeping the atmophere light and fun with many laughs and jokes to be enjoyed by all pilots and ATC.
I can highly recomend the server for pilots and ATC of all abilities and the software is very simple and easy to master. Hopefully we will be seeing an increase in users very soon making it an even better experience for everyone who enjoys flying.

Lord ISP
Ticket Agent

Post by Lord ISP » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 am

Hey at all!

I tried this but there are not administrators or moderators available.

I have found a much better system at http://www.international-flightcenter.com.

You can flight immediately after registration, get connection to teamspeak and this system is 24/7 a week available.

I confirm with their slogan "there is no better Net to fly" ;)

Cheers, Rafael
Systems Administration, Infrastructure and Development
German Flight-Center Virtual Airline
http://www.german-flightcenter.com