ATC is not lacking of humor

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

MOW
Flight Attendant

ATC is not lacking of humor

Post by MOW » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:16 am

Here is a prt screen of a kind of stupid order... :D

For people never flying in LUANDA (FNLU), there is two runways, but the ATC is always making you using the 23 (ILS one), where there is only one taxiway, just at the beginning of the runway (so you have to turn back taxying along the 5).

But, it's quite hard to exit the runway when the next taxiway is yet occupied by a plane waiting to take off... :(

I think the LUANDA airport should have more taxiways, but currently not represented in FSX.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: ATC is not lacking of humor

Post by flightsimer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:55 pm

yup, FS' atc is nothing special... At KPIT we have three parallel runways (10R/C/L - 28L/C/R) and a crosswind runway (14/32).

14 is never used any more for landings as commercial buildings have been built right by it on airport grounds. Takeoffs im not sure about. 32 is stricly used as a landing runway with departures out of 28's. But in FS, they will have you backtrack on 14 to 32 to takeoff instead of giving you the crosswind takeoff like in Real world.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Martin Curacao
Ticket Agent

Post by Martin Curacao » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:03 pm

@ Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS-EHAM) the same story,...

Rw 36L and 18L is for take off only in real life. ABSOLUTELY no landings. Never.....

But in the game they let you land at rw36L and 18L.

(eham also has 3 parralel runways) + some more

grtzz

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:35 am

at one point, pit had enough land to put three more runways in making a total of 7, but they developed a large portion of the land and there is only enough now for one more. We are the third/fourth/fifth largest by land mass in the country i believe (i cant remember which but i know its one of those)
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:01 am

aRGH, perfection is not from this world...

The most funny in this story is that, like tower and ground frequences are the same, I was cathing this as.. ho.. of LJ45 requests, and that I was knowing that the situation was going to be soon blocked on the runway, face to face...

Hopefully, at 5kn, an AIRBUS is able to move in grass :D

Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Post by Sterretje » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Martin Curacao wrote:@ Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS-EHAM) the same story,...

Rw 36L and 18L is for take off only in real life. ABSOLUTELY no landings. Never.....

But in the game they let you land at rw36L and 18L.

(eham also has 3 parralel runways) + some more

grtzz
And iirc, rwy 06 hasn't got a taxiway linked to the far end of the runway. A cessna landing has slowed down enough to leave at the first taxiway, just where you are waiting to get on the runway. This used to be a pretty big problem in FS2002 since 06/24 was the only runway used by atc.