How to create+ad flights&planes

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Polar
Ticket Agent

How to create+ad flights&planes

Post by Polar » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:13 am

I made many, but now my airline is getting a bit bigger I wonder of you guys have more topics and/or advice on how to edit your flights and how to efficiently create flights.

Because the current men used by FSA is very strange. With every flight I have to choose all planes and ad them manually to that flight. If I buy an aircraft I have to ad it to all my flights, when you have more then 1000 flights this is not a good job.
When you did do that I found out that in some flights it did not ad the plane at all!?!? So you start to edit this manually. But because I did do "ad plane to flights" before, there ae some planes in that flight list from before, who can not really do that distance. So when manually editing it is going to give me errors all the time and have to get rid off all planes not be able to make the distance for that flight!? (while with "ad plane to flight" this is never a problem). Now maybe I did miss some reprogram planes of the FSA team, maybe I missed out on some topics. But please tell me this is not going to stay like that. And/or tell me how to do this properly!

Because now I have to seriously consider to edit al my 2000flights manually, this can't be true!

There should be a different flights builder with a better plane selection option, for the "create flight" menu as well as for the "ad plane" menu. Because this is going to be a fulltime job to do it properly.

thanks guys
CEO-PanAvia
CEO and specialized in payware aircraft systems and procedures!

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: How to create+ad flights&planes

Post by alasizon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:16 pm

If you go into the flight plan section, select all airports and all aircraft types at the top and click view/search.

Then it'll bring up all your flight plans.

Scroll down to the bottom, click select all, then go to the right and click in the action section where by default it'll say set A/C type, click on Add A/C type. Then go to the one that has all the A/C types and pick the correct one. You can also do this to remove an A/C type if you wish just click remove A/C type.

Also, make sure the edit option is checked, not the delete one at the bottom
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Polar
Ticket Agent

Post by Polar » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanks! But as I said in the above story! I do get that part ...

Some planes you can not ad to a flight any more. So then you do it manually ... and if you fil it then. It suddenly sees all the planes in the list compared with that single flight and tells you that there are more planes out of aircraft range. (since you did ad them with the Ad-Aircraft to all flights).

The whole flight programming and maintainig should have a revice, it is realy not working logicly and is time consuming. Any other people habe advice or links to previous posts about this?

thanks

Polar
Ticket Agent

Post by Polar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 pm

What I can findout till now is that there is a limited amount of planes you can ad to eatch flight. I do have a lot of short to medium flights where I like to assign all planes to. I also like to have flights witch can be flown with lots of different kinds of planes. Now also when I buy new types of aircrafts I have to ad them to the flights via the menu (see above), now after a while some planes dont adit them selfs any more for some flights. Specialy the flights where I have lots of different types of planes already assigned to. And sinds I have over 1500 flights it is a pain stakenly job to ad and reedit all flights and planes who could fly them.

Because if the number of planes is ecseded the plane is not aded to the flight. So you have to find these flights and manually rmove other planes to make it possible to ad an other.

So, maybe some one now entherstands what I ment in the discriptions urlyer. Maybe it is a simple thing to make the list of planes you can ad, unlimited? Then the main problem is I have is solved.

thanks

Sander
CEO-PanAvia

(PS: why do I have a number between brackets behind my title page "PanAvia"?)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:15 am

1) I've moved this to the "General" forum since this isn't on a bug or problem.

2) Have you read anything in the "Tips and Tricks" forum? Most of your questions are covered there. I would seriously suggest that you read through that first.

Polar
Ticket Agent

Post by Polar » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:40 am

Yes I did read all the pages about making/creating flights and fleets and ad-aircrafts etc. There is nothing about this. Looks like I am the only fleet with so many planes on particular flights!?

gr
S.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:16 am

Well, now that I've looked your flightplans I can see your problem - you have very unrealistic and unusable flightplans. Please re-read the guides on how to create flight routes. A helicopter should not be assigned to the same flight as a Concorde. It can't complete the flight in the same time frame. By simply trying to add EVERY type in your fleet to EVERY flight, you've created a situation that the system was never created to handle. We setup the system to handle realistic flight planning. That means that you only put compatible types on a flight route (i.e. jets, piston, helicopter).