fs passenger

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

fs passenger

Post by edwinb77 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi,

I recently got fspassenger, but somehow i always manage to get a blown tire.. In my opinion it's a bit too sensitive upon landing, or am i doing anything wrong?

I really enjoy the addition with the passengers, but i got a bit afraid of landing because i always blow a tire..

Maybe anyone got a tip for me regarding this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Edwin
Image Image

afqr2007
Ticket Agent

Re: fs passenger

Post by afqr2007 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 pm

whats your touch down vertical speed ?

Eastern 420
Ticket Agent

Post by Eastern 420 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Its like skipping a rock over water fly more level with the runway and ease down and flare (raising your nose up a little ) I was doing the same thing but with practice you will be landing the correct way good luck
EasTernHops VA & Flight Radio http://www.ehfr.biz http://www.easternhops.com
ImageImage

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 am

will do, i think indeed i land a little to hard. I installed a V/S meter now which indicates how hard i go in descent.

now some practise first and after should be ok :)
Image Image

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:48 am

"I'm little afraid..."... You got it, Edwin !

It is exactly the precise reason why I love to fly with FSP. It is not only the sound, the way it provides you the real feeling to have passengers, but it is too for the fact FSP is forcing you to be very sweet in your landings, and, not to loose reputation and money, you have to train ! At the beginning, I was not able to fly more than the LJ 45, being finally a "real" C6 pilot only. Now, after hours and hours, I'm able to land CRJ7 and B738 with a 33% rate for each category (kiss, nice and normal), but, from times to times, It happens that I still blow up a tire (especially when I'm tired and a little too nervous with my yoke, something not so far away from true life I think). I'm in Instant Record and each landing, especially with a C10 pilot, I'm always thinking that I could loose my 200 hours pilot in the incoming minutes... (Fitzgerald has been yet wounded during my crash in Strasbourg...). It is the reason why I formed a new FSP pilot, Sâmantha, a C6 in reserve, in case of...

Other think you need to take care, is that FSP will create failures at the rate you determine in your options. These failures are not FSX like, it means go or no go. For example, last time, my right DC3 engines was in fire. I succeed to land safely, with the procedure to secure my engine. I received my 600 points, but I was a little furious, because it was my fault. Indeed, I do not observe enough the level of temperature that was growing slightly. I should have seen it, and I should have taken some decisions to keep my engine running, even at 40/50% (better than 0% and a fire...).
Another time, I was not observing too much my tanks level. I had a tank failure, with all my petrol going to the air... It was a C208 and it's only when the engine stopped that I realized I was not in a so good position....

One point in running both FSP and FSA : if you are forced to make an emergency landing by FSP, do not forget to click on the "divert" button in FSA, not to be penalized. To say the truth, you are always financially penalized (have to pay for reparation in FSP and FSA is counting fuel cost, but not ticket incomes). But, in my mind, it could represent the fact that my VA is to pay hotel for my passengers, taxis, and so on, so It's normal, in this case, to loose money. But at least, your are not loosing reputation !!

Have fun with FSP ! from my point of view, this program has really forced me to ameliorate my way to fly and my "touch" on the commands. The failure growing slight have force me to be careful and there is not 10 minutes passing, without me making my "security check" for all gauges, to be sure FSP will not surprise me again !!

PS : one more point ! After our partnership, I had a right gear failure while wishing to land in LIRN. It took 12 touch-and-go to succeed to hurt with just enough force (V/S) the runway with my remaining gear to force the second to lower, as FSP was advising. My best experience, and something I'm still quite proud to have succeeded, I meant not crashing my CRJ-7 trying to do this !!! I hope you will have the nice surprise of this failure one day ! A great experience :D

Brian Clark AVB-060
Ticket Agent

Post by Brian Clark AVB-060 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 pm

What I do (and I know it's cheating) is when I am doing an auto landing I wait for the aircraft to capture the glide-slope (at this point the altitude hold light goes off.) I then set the altitude hold to zero and my V/S to -200 fpm. When I am about 100' off the ground I click on the altitude 'hold' button. The plane then floats very gently down to the runway and does not blow any tyres.

(-200 fpm is acceptable for FSPassengers.) I worked this out for myself as I was getting very annoyed with all the blown tyres and repair bills. You only need to do this for the default FSX aircraft as they tend auto-land very hard indeed. The pay-ware aircraft tend to land much more gently and you don't need to perform this trick with those.

RicoTTA101
Ticket Agent

Post by RicoTTA101 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Auto-land is very handy indeed but my flights usually are at the Kai-Tak. My first 10 flights or so i killed my gear with Fspassengers, landings are tough there, though i got very used landing on the Kai-tak. About the I'm afraid idea, like now i am flying on FSA and FSP a long flight ( 5200 NM or so according to my route ) in the MD-11..... Landing is very scary but its really scaring the crap out of me right now... i'm very sure i have to do the IGS 13 approach.

Though to regular landings, in real life pilots do intercept the GS and the LOC to land, but at the last moment they like to turn off the A/P to land it manually. Do this on Default aircraft or other tough landing aircraft, the you won't blow your tires.

With the payware aircraft like PMDG and such, auto-landings are so nice that i prefer to enjoy the scenery from the Virtual Cockpit upon landing, it has something special don't you think ?

Stay Metal and Happy Landings \m/

Rico.

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 pm

I had the same high bills to pay at the beginning :D

I even killed 23 passengers and wounded a little more with 2 crashes thru FSP analysis...

But it provided me the will to succeed and enforce me to fly differently.

About landing, I'm always turning OFF A/P more and less around the beginning of the runway, ending the landing by myself. Doing this, it allows me now to be 20 to 30% of time in a "kiss" landing, remaining at least "nice". Only 10 to 15% of my landing are out of nice or kiss, without tire blowing (except my fist flight after 3 weeks out, 1 weel ago, with a simple C 152 but 33kn wind...

I really think FSP is one of the nicest add-on, not so expensive and allowing you a real other dimensions to flight experience. Even if FSP is providing you the possibility to create and develop a virtual airline, FSP is more "plane" centered where FSA is more "virtual airline" centered. Thus, from my point of view, the 2 ones are to be played together.