Lubango ICAO

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

MOW
Flight Attendant

Lubango ICAO

Post by MOW » Sun May 16, 2010 9:45 pm

EPSILON has opened a new HUB in Angola, perhaps just because I demined there during years and because my wife is Angolan :D

My questions is about Lubango ICAO. It is currently FNBU in FSA, FNUB in FSX and if you tried to search with google, you found both !

www.skyscanner.fr/aeroports/sdd/lubango-aeroport : Rechercher l'emplacement de l'aéroport de Lubango, départs en direct, ... Code ICAO : FNBU ... Principales compagnies aériennes desservant Lubango : ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lubango_Airport : Lubango Airport (Portuguese: Aeroporto de Lubango) (IATA: SDD, ICAO: FNUB) is an airport serving Lubango, the capital city of the Huíla Province in Angola. ...

Is someone having the final answer to this question ????? What is the real ICAO for Lubango ???

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Lubango ICAO

Post by flightsimer » Sun May 16, 2010 10:19 pm

FNUB. FSX has all updated ICAO codes in it. from time to time, codes will be changed for airports. You will see this alot when you put in codes for small african airports (discovered this when i used FSeconomy)... FSA has FS9 codes in it, but previously they had talked about putting in FSX codes as well so both simmer groups will know the correct airports.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun May 16, 2010 10:39 pm

However, please note that due to the fact that FSAirlines only supports ONE ICAO code per airport, the current ICAO in the database is the only one that will be used as it is the default FS2004 airport database code. As we still have a significant number of users that use FS2004 and many of them don't have addon scenery to update ICAO codes, this was decided to be the best course of action until the database can be modified to allow multiple ICAO code entries per airport.

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Thu May 20, 2010 1:58 am

Thk for your answers !

Moreover, It was more for my own knowledge than for use in FSA or FSX system where I will use the authorized one.