Private planes

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Private planes

Post by Tom JP » Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

What are the rules regarding the addition of new private aircraft? Can warbirds still be added for private purchase - provided that there are examples of these particular aircraft types, in 'real-world' use?

An idea for the future might be for any existing warbirds to be listed only on the 'private hanger' - 'buy aircraft' list, with any future additional warbirds to only be available here as well.There's a long list of real-world privately owned warbirds, not already in fsairlines, include the Sabre, Sea Harrier, various MiGs and many more. It would be fun (and maybe expensive) to be able to fly one of these (privately) as a taxi to your next 'job' instead of having to book a flight and buy a ticket.

If they can't make any money and they're just an expensive toy, would it be such a bad thing to have more types available?

ps. Before posting I spent half an hour looking through the forum for a possible answer to this, but I didn't find anything relevant.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Private planes

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue May 04, 2010 10:11 pm

We have only recently started allowing addition of Warbirds like you show for two reasons - first we didn't previously have the ability to limit sales to only the private hangar (we do now and all warbirds are only available for private purchase with a couple of exceptions due to some VA's wishing to use them for "tourist" operations at a loss, which we have no problem with) and second because there wasn't a great demand for them to be added.

I approved just today the addition of the Messerschmidt Bf 109 and Bf 108 (correct designations for both, had to modify them from what was submitted) for private purchase.

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Thu May 06, 2010 9:50 am

Ok, thanks. I thought I should ask before taking time to research the stats of a warbird. I've found a good freeware MiG21 and then discovered at least 8 are operated privately, 7 in the US and one in Australia.

I'm not sure what a good price would be though - there's a second hand example for sale for as little as $62000, from the Czech Republic (I can provide a link, but I didn't think I was allowed to in this forum). I can't find how much they would have cost new.

Tilemaxos_x
Ticket Agent

Post by Tilemaxos_x » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:53 pm

I bought a private plane but I don't know how to do my first flight. I need your help. Thnx

Tilemaxos_x
Ticket Agent

Post by Tilemaxos_x » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:34 pm

OK. I finaly did my first private flight. It was easy. Sorry about this post. :wink:

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:42 am

Just found another freeware model of an ex-military type, now owned and operated privately by civilians. The Folland Gnat. Can I go ahead and research it's stats and create it as an fsairlines private plane? Although other warbirds exist in the database I thought I should check first, just in case anything has changed regarding the creation of new aircraft. Thanks, Tom.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:09 am

Tom JP wrote:Just found another freeware model of an ex-military type, now owned and operated privately by civilians. The Folland Gnat. Can I go ahead and research it's stats and create it as an fsairlines private plane? Although other warbirds exist in the database I thought I should check first, just in case anything has changed regarding the creation of new aircraft. Thanks, Tom.
Tom,

Our rules about warbirds have not changed. Just please, when creating a new aircraft type in the DB (subject to admin approval), please provide multiple links to sources that are in English so we can verify the information. All too often, edits are declined because I can't find accurate information or can't confirm the information.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin