Airbus Abacus software

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Airbus Abacus software

Post by edwinb77 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi,

I was wondering. Is there anyone who is using the abacus airbus fleet and flying with it?

Cheers!

Best regards,

Edwin
Image Image

Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Re: Airbus Abacus software

Post by Sterretje » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:10 pm

I've had the Abacus B787, but it pretty much sucked. The plane doesn't look realistic (Wings bend over the fuselage, etc). VC misses a lot of functions.

I don't know if it's the same for the Airbus package, but be prepared.

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 pm

i have the Airbus fleet, and indeed i bought the B787 cheap as well, and i must agree, the B787 is not setup properly. Lights are not correct on the wings etc.

for the Airbus Fleet i've got the V2 with the A380 in it as well, and all looks ok. I have it combined with FSrepaint which is working perfectly on creating liveries. I have very very little knowledge on Photoshop and tried to paint an aircraft in there without luck (must be doing something wrong)

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/Airbus/Airbus.htm
http://www.sim-reviews.co.uk/flyuk_revi ... Fleet2.pdf

i had read this before i bought the airbus fleet and since i'm a hobby flyer and not a prof one, it meets my requirements to fullfill flights :)
Image Image

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:14 pm

STAY AWAY FROM ABACUS!!! thats all i can say! nothing about their aircraft is correct!
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

what about the wilcopub version?? that allright?

and can you tell me more whats not correct on the abacus airbusses??? various comments appear to be good. And is a fact, or more a personal opinion?
Image Image

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:16 am

have tried the 787 and it is absolutely by far the worst aircraft ever made for FS as payware. it looks like just a a chopped up 777 with some early 7E7 (before being finalized as 787) concepts.

The wilco, for the most part i havent heard any good reviews from, but i hear the E jets and ERJ's they made were pretty good and worth it. im thinking about getting the E jets, but havent yet.

http://www.flightsimulatorguide.com/rev ... php?cat=12

this should help alot. as you can see, all of the abacus stuff only has 1 out 5 stars with all having alot of votes.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 am

Nice list Tyler,will save me a lot of time when looking for the best aircraft to download.Definately going to bookmark this. :lol:
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:02 am

if you look at the DC-10, Chris T is there on comments lol
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 am

Well, I did help on the development of the aircraft. :)

BTW, I edited your post to correct you little spelling faux pas. ;)

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:50 am

indeed a nice list there, i see that the small airbusses are rated with 4 stars.

I have the ERJ series and the planes are looking very good.

Only lack i found was no GPS in the ERJ. I'm not a pro flyer so i handy use the FPL in the standard GPS system of FSX, but it does not work with the ERJ.
I have no idea yet how the FMC works. Have tried it, but got stuck. Downloaded a manual but it's really a big manual.
Image Image

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm

cant be as bad as Project tupolev's 256 page manual for their TU-154, which is a freeware aircraft!

Chris, what exactly did you do for it?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 am

Tyler, I provided reference photos for all of the SGA and many of the later KittyHawk releases. Some of those photos also made it into textures in the final releases. I also had several extensive interviews with mechanics of the various aircraft to get more systems information for both Benoit Gaurant's update of his panel for the SGA A300 and then for the FlightSoft "Fly To!" series that used a more advanced version of the SGA DC-10.

One of the big things was that I was able to get close up, sequential shots of the A300 flaps at work, something no one else had done for non-company use. UPS had an A300-600F that had lost a flap canoe (the fairing that covers the flap mechanisms) and I was able to get the UPS mechanics to run the flaps from full up to full down and I took pictures at each position. This is the first time that we could find any public accounting of how the system works. In addition, I was able to do the same with the DC-10, DC-9, MD-80, and 727 flaps. The big plus was these pictures allowed Erick to do something no one else had done to that point - model the flap shuttles and jackscrews properly. Prior to that, the flaps just "floated" or had static attachments. Erick's aircraft have all of the jackscrews in the proper locations and the shuttles move properly as well. Add to that Fraser Turner's coding that allowed for true dynamically flexing wings based on angle of attack (thus lift generated), weight, and g-forces, the aircraft were bleeding edge without having any performance hit. Erick and Fraser were rightly proud of what they'd achieved - for free (the FlightSoft deal came after the DC-10's had been released as freeware).

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:44 am

thats cool. SGA models always were good for me... was curious as im now trying at my first model, a DHC-6-400...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:32 am

I still have vivid memories of the great forum community that
was at SGA once upon a time.
So funny in a way to meet all the guys I met there all over Flightsimland these days.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:10 am

Tom, I meet people I've known all over the place. Having been in the hobby now 11 years (Oh God, has it really been that long already? :lol: :lol: ), I tend to "run in to" the same people over and over.

It's nice though for me to see that they're at least still in the hobby.