Airbus Abacus software

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Airbus Abacus software

Post by flightsimer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:42 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Tom, I meet people I've known all over the place. Having been in the hobby now 11 years (Oh God, has it really been that long already? :lol: :lol: ), I tend to "run in to" the same people over and over.

It's nice though for me to see that they're at least still in the hobby.
i started with Fly! and that was over 10 years ago and FS with FS2002 which is 8 years and im not even 20 yet lol... i figured out how to actually fly probably a year after getting 2002. before that it was just like full throttle take off, and land on anything. lol

its supprising that with how big this community is, its still small enough that you will run into people from before. there is a lot of dedication that comes with this game which amazes me. hopefully someday ill be able to really contribute to it as well. hopefully sooner than later lol
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Tom, I meet people I've known all over the place. Having been in the hobby now 11 years (Oh God, has it really been that long already? :lol: :lol: ), I tend to "run in to" the same people over and over.

Yeah,so do I.
I don't want to think about how long I've been in this hobby though,

It's somewhat depressing to realize that when I started this great hobby I was really young,
and now that I'm really into this great hobby I'm really really old!
Just found my first grey hairs :lol: :lol:

It is just great to see familiar names though,on occasion,
it somehow gives the idea this hobby is really something,you know.

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:29 am

flightsimer wrote:

i started with Fly! and that was over 10 years ago and FS with FS2002 which is 8 years and im not even 20 yet lol... i figured out how to actually fly probably a year after getting 2002. before that it was just like full throttle take off, and land on anything. lol

its supprising that with how big this community is, its still small enough that you will run into people from before. there is a lot of dedication that comes with this game which amazes me. hopefully someday ill be able to really contribute to it as well. hopefully sooner than later lol
Well,I started with something called FS95 I believe it was.
Flown online since 2002,have published some repaints for primarily SGA releases,
and now I'm just happy flying the planes I like to places I like.
In all these years though,I have seen lot's of folks and most of 'm are still here.
That speaks volumes about the community ánd hobby,to me.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:12 am

I guess if you include the fact that I started with the "Chuck Yeager Flight Simulator" then moved to various pre-Windows games before finally getting Windows 3.11 and shortly after FS5 (although I've since acquired all of the earlier versions), I've been in "Flight Simulation" since somewhere around 1988 at the tender age of 8.

(Now I really do feel odd since that means I've been involved in FS (and computers) for almost 80% of my life.)