Premium Accounts.

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Alky
Ticket Agent

Re: Premium Accounts.

Post by Alky » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:43 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:
2) If the airline is set to inactive, then everything goes into "stasis". Nothing is lost, you just can't use it unless you choose to upgrade.
No problem, I disolved the airline :wink:
George "Alky®" Fisher

bakov
Ticket Agent

Post by bakov » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Nudge wrote:OK so I'll put it on Ebay!
I recommend this idea, a bonus for Christmas could be good!

Everything can be bought and sold, if not, ask the leaders of this page.

Seriously, before taking any hasty decision, better wait and see what they offer. I think there are many VA that we going if you change the system.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 am

No Mr. Phelps you won't. If you attempt to sell your VA, we will simply remove it. You did not pay for any of the space you're using nor did you pay for any service on this network. Thus, your VA has no value. If you sell it, you do so as a business transaction for profit, which we will not allow as it puts this network a real risk of having legal action taken against it. We will not allow things created on this network for this network to be bought and sold when there was no actual cost to the user.

Now, had you been paying a premium account and you wanted to "sell" it to someone else for at or less than the amount of membership you'd paid up until that point, then there is an argument that can be made for selling it "at no gain" and thus not being a for-profit activity, and thus - not putting us at any risk of legal action.

That's the final word. If you continue to attempt to contravene our decision, your VA will simply be removed from the network.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:20 am

bakov wrote:

Seriously, before taking any hasty decision, better wait and see what they offer. I think there are many VA that we going if you change the system.
There is no hasty decision being made here. If you wish to leave, we won't stop you, but we will not allow VAs that you created at no cost to be bought and sold on this network and risk being shutdown because of it. What you don't realize is that if we allow that to occur, the network becomes a "point of trade for profit", which means the owners of the website are liable for US taxes on such activities. This is why EBay takes a portion of all revenue from it auctions. There may also be European taxation laws that come into effect, such as VAT as well.

Since we are not setup for that, we cannot collect those monies, and thus we become responsible for paying them. We will not be part of that. It's that simple.

Nudge
Ticket Agent

Post by Nudge » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 am

RIGHT! This will be the last posting I place in the forum and the last I will have to say about FSA and the bombastic attitude the admins have!
( I will get Kicked for this !! )
The excellant work done by the developers is second to none !! I think we can all say that !!
However, the cavalier attitude of the admins neeeds serious questioning!
Rather then looking at the questions asked and taking time to resolve them, their answer is kick or ban the airline/person when they do not tow the line!
These admins know who they are!!
FSA developers! you need to seriously look at these people who are at your front line, dealing with these problems. By just kicking the posters and deleteing their airline may initially make the problem vansish, but this is not the answer! The questions will still not be answerwed!! All who need to know will never see these deleted postings.
I have enjoyed my time with FSA, seeing it through its development, its ups and downs and building a successful airline, but having raised issues that were brought about by the changes that are forth coming, my airline has been locked out so I can not sell it ! FSA introduced a financial status on a VA and all I wanted to do was to sell it for cash ($25) This some how is against the rules ! ( I guess the goal posts were moved to accomodate this new approach ) Admin are making up the rules as they go along to suite!
As I said before I have enjoyed my time with FSA but I think it is loosing its way and is taking a huge step backwards. We at Eastern Hops along with the Russian Sky Team and others are looking at other options. The current path that FSA is taking I can only liken to the step backwards commercial airline travel took when Concorde was denied a C of A and was grounded for good ! RIP Concorde/FSA
Nudge
some may not get to read this as it will get deleted but I will blog it on Blogger tomorrow!
Buy Guys!!

Nudge
Ticket Agent

Post by Nudge » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:12 am

CAPFlyer wrote:
bakov wrote:

There is no hasty decision being made here. If you wish to leave, we won't stop you, but we will not allow VAs that you created at no cost to be bought and sold on this network and risk being shutdown because of it. What you don't realize is that if we allow that to occur, the network becomes a "point of trade for profit", which means the owners of the website are liable for US taxes on such activities. This is why EBay takes a portion of all revenue from it auctions. There may also be European taxation laws that come into effect, such as VAT as well.

Since we are not setup for that, we cannot collect those monies, and thus we become responsible for paying them. We will not be part of that. It's that simple.
VAT is not an issue when FSA are not the vendors, I have my own company and is VAT registered, however if an individual company's income exceeds £185,000ish per annum then there would be a VAT liability, but I hardly think this applies to person selling an airline for cash on Ebay they and PayPal cover all the local taxation liabilities!! I am sure that in the USA the similar applies. Selling an airline on Ebay for $20 is will not affect FSA as the transaction is completed through EBay and PayPal and has dick all to do with FSA. If I decide to sell my airline through Ebay to someone in Germany the only financial tranactions are European, taxation included.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 am

You're not going to be banned.

As far as your argument about the goalpost being moved, as no one has ever tried to sell a VA for real cash before (and in my 10+ years in the VA hobby, I've never heard of this happening ANYWHERE) there was no "goalpost" to start because no one thought that anyone would try to sell their VA and open themselves and others up to that kind of liability.

As for the income and such - if one VA sells for money on this network, there will be others. If we don't throttle it now, it will get worse and then we will have problems. There is no desire for any of us to open that can of worms. I know some will call this paranoid, but having this much time in the hobby, it's happened time and time again on many issues. Once one person has done it, it starts happening all over the place until it becomes a problem that can't be dealt with by the people who first let it happen. It happened to VirtualAirlines.com, it happened to AVSIM, it happened to Flightsim.com, it happened to VATSIM. In all cases, they had issues that at first didn't seem major to allow (this won't catch on and we can deal with it when it happens) and in every case, major changes had to be made for them to survive. It ended up being the end of VirtualAirlines.com however. Here at FSAirlines, we've had to enact many of our rules becuase one person exploited it and then we didn't get a hold on it early enough only to have it get out of hand. Now that we're going to be offering these premium accounts, we have to be proactive on it and make sure it doesn't get to the point we have to worry about it.

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 am

Just a say, I completely respect this decision to make FSA payware, but there would have been another way to approach this, on the main fsairlines pages there is a lot of extra room, in that space you guys could place extra ad's and pay-off the money, although i think that fsairlines is not payware quality yet, I beleive that everyone is judging this idea too much!!!!! :P As the admins have said there will be changing a few things for premium accounts! I plan to come back in a year and hope to find a system here that is better than things like VAFS, meanwhile I would like to announce, American Airways will be taking to the skies for the last time on December 30, 2009 for a two day flight from KORD to KJFK then to EGLL and back to KJFK, after January first we will be flying with PHPvms!

Thanks for all the help the admins have done for us!
Ada

bakov
Ticket Agent

Post by bakov » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:48 am

Flightguy123 wrote: I would like to announce, American Airways will be taking to the skies for the last time on December 30, 2009 for a two day flight from KORD to KJFK then to EGLL and back to KJFK, after January first we will be flying with PHPvms!

Thanks for all the help the admins have done for us!
Ada
Good idea!!!!! I agree!!!!

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Nudge wrote:...You will never know when an airline has been sold for cash, you cant police it and you certainly cant stop it.
Good Luck All of you guys it was a Blast!!
He can look on ebay, can't he? :P

One question to admins:

I heard you will close the integration pack and replace it with your own.... How much time will we stay without any integration packs? May be it's an idea to leave the old integration pack till the new one is finished? :)

Admin Edit - removed personal attack.

Nudge
Ticket Agent

Post by Nudge » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:02 pm

yep he sure can! lol :D That dosn't mean it was sold on Ebay if at all !

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:05 pm

The new arrangements are great, especially with the discounts, so I can happily announce that Amazonas International will be here next year.

Thank you to the developers for their work, and thank you for listening to your members, if that attitude continues I'm sure FSAirlines will go from strength to strength.

Happy Holidays

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:40 pm

So, what about integration? :)

hakan737
Ticket Agent

Post by hakan737 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:30 pm

firstly, your POLL was so ridiculous becouse you never ask to members "what they are thinking about payware account" , you asked to members "how you want to pay your money to FSA" .So it means your POLL intention was; how we get your money easy!

second one;
Gold membership has one limitation:
Cannot run an airline
even a member paid money , can not be run an airline! another ridiculous issue, I really congratulation about your "excellent" idea.

my expecting was, you may turn your wrong way and FSA goes life in simmers. Maybe we can see more adverts but no problem , we have our own airlines as we have pleasure.

I think we are coming end of the way. You don't need to convert all accounts to TRIAL mode becouse, if someone decided to turn on PREMIUM account , they should do that already. GOLD membership are not enough still, except can't see advert!

I'd like to thank you for all efforts until today but honestly I can't say the thanks my full sincerely. You were offended the people to FSA.

After read your final decision in main page, at least I can only say onbehalf myself; "Goodbye FSA, farewell"

happy new year.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:27 pm

goodbye and merry christmas...
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming