Premium Accounts.

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Heretic
Ticket Agent

Re: Premium Accounts.

Post by Heretic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:33 pm

VisserAviation wrote:where to go : the payment screen for premium.
what to do ; pay the measly 27 euros it'll cost you to run your own airline,
Twenty-seven Euros I most probably won't make full use of.
*If* I'm paying for services on the internet I want to use them to 100% percent and I can't see that happening here.
and stop whining about something a few of people have payed ánd created for you until now.
In my humble opinion,seeing the usage of this site,
It absolutely amazes me they haven't started to charge sooner.
People with too much money...

(Student here.)

CAPFlyer wrote:In addition, we did try a drive to pay for bandwidth expenses. It was there since very early on (it was called the "DONATE" button oddly enough...) and it didn't help. We got a few donations here and there, but for the most part, not anywhere near the amount needed to even start offsetting the costs being incurred.
Well, other sites I frequent make a big fuss of their bandwidth drives and it works out well in 99% of the cases.
A small, innocent "donate" button *will* mostly be ignored.
Then again, we stated all of this early on in NOVEMBER when we started talking about the change, well before your "last" sign on.
Did you send emails around announcing this?

I have a faint and blurry mental image of an announcement for premium services, which I apparently mistook as "extra features for paying users, while everything else remains the same".

MOW wrote:In the other hand, I can understand that people investing time and money (for bandwidth and so one) to enable this site to function and our flights to go to a new dimension should be financially supported.
That's understood, at least in terms of paying costs for hosting when the need arises.
I think that you should think twice before to cancel your participation there.
My mind is already made up.

G'bye, Flynet/FSAirlines. It was fun while it lasted.
CEO of Cirrostratus Express Airways

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:04 am

i really dont see the big fuzz of paying a small amount of 3 EU a month (depend on the subs).. On simfly.eu for example they still use the donate function and every month it's not reached. they did hardware upgrades recently and are "begging" for money now to cover the costs..

You have to compare it when buying games in a store.. say a game costs 60 EU like most PS3 games are.. You finish the game in say 2/2,5 weeks.... 60 EU.. thats 2 years of subscription here... and spent in one month.. and what happens, in the same month you buy another game... again 60 EU.. thats 120 EU for one month.. understand what i mean here?
Look for example at the World of Warcraft game! 11 million people worldwide paying around 13 EU per month on the game...

If it is really big of a deal to spend a real small amount of 3 EU for playing with your hobby, then i don't think online gaming isn't your game.

You mention your a student... students are known to have huge amounts of money seeing how much alcohol they use over the weekends... drink a few beers less and you have 3 EU spare.. It's all about spend your money wise on monthly base..

For a full 100% use... when do you use it 100%??? when you play 24/7.. then you use it 100%

And last but not least.. if you want to play through this site, join a VA and request that you will be co partner or something! Cost you nothing..

Can i make the suggestion to close this thread, starting to look like a small war..
Image Image

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Heretic wrote:
VisserAviation wrote:where to go : the payment screen for premium.
what to do ; pay the measly 27 euros it'll cost you to run your own airline,
Twenty-seven Euros I most probably won't make full use of.
*If* I'm paying for services on the internet I want to use them to 100% percent and I can't see that happening here.
and stop whining about something a few of people have payed ánd created for you until now.
In my humble opinion,seeing the usage of this site,
It absolutely amazes me they haven't started to charge sooner.
People with too much money...

(Student here.)
G'bye, Flynet/FSAirlines. It was fun while it lasted.
FYI,I am currently unemployed due to the crisis hitting hard.
I haven't got money to spare,really,but I like it here and so I contributed.
If you like it so much here,you should contribute too,not moan and whine about having to pay.
You'll have more fun from this as you will from a night out in town,and it'll last longer too.
So stop making up silly excuses and pay what's a long time overdue anyway.

cheers

Tom.

Maxander
Ticket Agent

Post by Maxander » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:36 pm

I've only been here 2 minutes, but I find it good value for money.

I'll probably fly for someone for a couple of weeks and most likely go platinum as it is quite cheap IMO.

Keith